'Bachelorette' Couple Ashley and J.P. Want No TV Wedding
Having said that they just want a humble, boring life together, Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum say no to TV marriage. The pair, who got engaged in the season finale of "The Bachelorette", have stated that they have no intention to follow in the footsteps of other reality show couples and tie the knot on the small screen.
"I don't think you'll be seeing us on TV unless you Tivoed those episodes," dentist student Ashley said during a press call on Tuesday afternoon, August 2. Supporting his fiancee's statement, J.P. added, "We talk about it in jest sometimes, but no real thought has gone into it."
When appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", Ashley also expressed hesitation to take part in other reality shows like fellow "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants. "At this point, I feel like with everything that's happened, I'm so emotionally drained, the only thing I want to do is be in New York with him, and go for coffee in the morning, and just get back to that normal life," she reasoned.
As for their wedding which is planned to take place in 2012, they apparently have not prepared much for it. "We haven't given any serious thought to [the wedding]," J.P. admitted during the press call, before adding "We're not going to wait five years to get married, but we're going to take it one step at a time."
For now, Ashley and J.P. are focusing on their busy schedule, including Ashley's plan to complete her dental school and move to New York to live with the construction manager in a month. "I have no hesitation about moving in. I think we're ready for that. ... He cleaned out a closet for me. How sweet is that?" Ashley gushed.
More The Bachelorette News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage