Laurence Fishburne Is Clark and Lois' Boss in 'Man of Steel'
Laurence Fishburne will play boss in a new take of Superman's adventure, "Man of Steel". Joining the cast ensemble which has had Henry Cavill as Clark Kent and Amy Adams as Lois Lane among others, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" alum will take the role of Perry White, the editor-in-chief at Daily Planet where Clark and Lois work, Entertainment Weekly reports.
White has been known as a tough, irascible, old fashioned, but fairminded newsman. Previously, the character was portrayed by Jackie Cooper in Christopher Reeve-starring Superman films, before Frank Langella took on the role in Bryan Singer-directed "Superman Returns" in 2006.
The "Man of Steel" role will be Fishburne's first gig since he announced his departure from "CSI" last May after starring in just two seasons. The 50-year-old actor, however, has also landed a part in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion" which is set for September 9 release in the U.S.
"Man of Steel" itself recently nabbed a summer slot, being scheduled to arrive across the nation on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder will serve behind the lens, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder teaming up to produce it.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie