Laurence Fishburne Is Clark and Lois' Boss in 'Man of Steel'
Laurence Fishburne will play boss in a new take of Superman's adventure, "Man of Steel". Joining the cast ensemble which has had Henry Cavill as Clark Kent and Amy Adams as Lois Lane among others, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" alum will take the role of Perry White, the editor-in-chief at Daily Planet where Clark and Lois work, Entertainment Weekly reports.
White has been known as a tough, irascible, old fashioned, but fairminded newsman. Previously, the character was portrayed by Jackie Cooper in Christopher Reeve-starring Superman films, before Frank Langella took on the role in Bryan Singer-directed "Superman Returns" in 2006.
The "Man of Steel" role will be Fishburne's first gig since he announced his departure from "CSI" last May after starring in just two seasons. The 50-year-old actor, however, has also landed a part in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion" which is set for September 9 release in the U.S.
"Man of Steel" itself recently nabbed a summer slot, being scheduled to arrive across the nation on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder will serve behind the lens, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder teaming up to produce it.
More Man of Steel News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed