Laurence Fishburne Is Clark and Lois' Boss in 'Man of Steel'
Laurence Fishburne will play boss in a new take of Superman's adventure, "Man of Steel". Joining the cast ensemble which has had Henry Cavill as Clark Kent and Amy Adams as Lois Lane among others, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" alum will take the role of Perry White, the editor-in-chief at Daily Planet where Clark and Lois work, Entertainment Weekly reports.
White has been known as a tough, irascible, old fashioned, but fairminded newsman. Previously, the character was portrayed by Jackie Cooper in Christopher Reeve-starring Superman films, before Frank Langella took on the role in Bryan Singer-directed "Superman Returns" in 2006.
The "Man of Steel" role will be Fishburne's first gig since he announced his departure from "CSI" last May after starring in just two seasons. The 50-year-old actor, however, has also landed a part in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion" which is set for September 9 release in the U.S.
"Man of Steel" itself recently nabbed a summer slot, being scheduled to arrive across the nation on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder will serve behind the lens, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder teaming up to produce it.
More Man of Steel News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal