Laurence Fishburne Is Clark and Lois' Boss in 'Man of Steel'
Laurence Fishburne will play boss in a new take of Superman's adventure, "Man of Steel". Joining the cast ensemble which has had Henry Cavill as Clark Kent and Amy Adams as Lois Lane among others, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" alum will take the role of Perry White, the editor-in-chief at Daily Planet where Clark and Lois work, Entertainment Weekly reports.
White has been known as a tough, irascible, old fashioned, but fairminded newsman. Previously, the character was portrayed by Jackie Cooper in Christopher Reeve-starring Superman films, before Frank Langella took on the role in Bryan Singer-directed "Superman Returns" in 2006.
The "Man of Steel" role will be Fishburne's first gig since he announced his departure from "CSI" last May after starring in just two seasons. The 50-year-old actor, however, has also landed a part in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion" which is set for September 9 release in the U.S.
"Man of Steel" itself recently nabbed a summer slot, being scheduled to arrive across the nation on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder will serve behind the lens, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder teaming up to produce it.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!