Laurence Fishburne Is Clark and Lois' Boss in 'Man of Steel'
Laurence Fishburne will play boss in a new take of Superman's adventure, "Man of Steel". Joining the cast ensemble which has had Henry Cavill as Clark Kent and Amy Adams as Lois Lane among others, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" alum will take the role of Perry White, the editor-in-chief at Daily Planet where Clark and Lois work, Entertainment Weekly reports.
White has been known as a tough, irascible, old fashioned, but fairminded newsman. Previously, the character was portrayed by Jackie Cooper in Christopher Reeve-starring Superman films, before Frank Langella took on the role in Bryan Singer-directed "Superman Returns" in 2006.
The "Man of Steel" role will be Fishburne's first gig since he announced his departure from "CSI" last May after starring in just two seasons. The 50-year-old actor, however, has also landed a part in Steven Soderbergh's "Contagion" which is set for September 9 release in the U.S.
"Man of Steel" itself recently nabbed a summer slot, being scheduled to arrive across the nation on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder will serve behind the lens, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder teaming up to produce it.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle