'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert Wants Rejected Ben Flajnik to Find Great Love
While she rejected Ben Flajnik's proposal on the finale of "The Bachelorette", Ashley Hebert still wants him to find love soon. The 27-year-old shared to PEOPLE about what led her to choose J.P. Rosenbaum over Ben, and wrote in conclusion, "I wish him great love in the near future!"
In the lengthy article, the former suitor for Brad Womack admitted, "I was not sure how seeing Ben at the 'After the Final Rose' special would be." She explained, "The last time we spoke, he was angry and told me that things don't really end unless they end badly. I hoped his mindset had changed since then."
"I felt a sense of calmness when I walked onstage," she then recalled. "As soon as we said hello, I had a feeling things would go well. It's always hard to tell someone that you once cared about that you fell in love with someone else. I don't think there is a good way to say that, but my goal was to be honest and open with him and provide him with the closure that he might need."
"Talking to Ben felt like old times. We were even joking around a bit. I answered his questions as honestly as I could and I think the meeting went as best as it could have," so she wrote. "I wish him the best and thank him for being such an important part of this journey. I know even though things turned out this way, he learned so much about himself and has opened himself to love again."
While Ashley talked about the rejected Ben, details of her engagement ring came out. When he got down on one knee, J.P. presented her with a 3.5-carat, central cushion-cut sparkler from celebrity jeweler Neil Lane. The ring is accented with 162 small, hand-set diamonds around a platinum band.
Speaking of the ring, Neil told PEOPLE that it is valued at around $60,000. The jeweler, who said that Ashley dreamed of a ring with a romantic feel that sparkled, added, "It has a vintage, 19th-century romantic feel, with soft edges, but with a contemporary look. Whichever way Ashley moves her finger, she sees sparkles."
More The Bachelorette News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding