Katy Perry to Make Another Billboard History With 'Teenage Dream'
After breaking Hot 100 record by spending 52 consecutive weeks - an entire year - in the top 10 of the U.S. single chart, Katy Perry is celebrating another accolade. The pop singer is poised to score her fifth No. 1 single with her latest offering "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)".
The single currently sits at No. 2. When it succeeds to follow its four predecessors by taking the penthouse of the chart, it will make her 2010 summer album "Teenage Dream", where the single appears, become the only album which produces such a feat in over 15 years of its history.
It will place the album next to Michael Jackson's 1987 "Bad" which also generates five separate No. 1s, but it makes the record come one step ahead of Justin Timberlake's 2006 "FutureSex/LoveSounds" and Lady GaGa's 2009 "The Fame" which both had four singles sitting at the top spot.
Overall, "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" will be Perry's seventh No. 1 single during her entire career in music so far. She will be tied with the Mother Monster for having second-most No. 1s single. Both of them trail behind her best friend Rihanna who holds the record with eight chart-topping singles.
Beside giving her multiple No. 1 singles, "Teenage Dream" has also helped Perry bring home a lot of coveted awards this year. Just two weeks ago, she got nine nominations at MTV Video Music Awards which is going to announce its winners in a live ceremony from Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on August 28.
More Katy Perry News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'