'Clash of the Titans' Sequel to Be Called 'Wrath of the Titans'
A follow-up to 2010's "Clash of the Titans" has got a real title. According to ERC Box Office, the Jonathan Liebesman-directed movie will be called "Wrath of the Titans". The project actually has used the name since the start of pre-production, but a press release back in March revealed a working title of "Clash of the Titans 2".
This sequel is set a decade after Perseus heroically defeated the Kraken. While he is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and sole parent to 10-year old Helius, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos.
When Hades and Ares team up to capture Zeus, Perseus cannot ignore his true calling. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda, Poseidon's demigod son Argenor, and fallen god Hephaestus, he bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.
To open wide in the U.S. on March 30, 2012, "Wrath of the Titans" has Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Danny Hutson returning to reprise their roles as Perseus, Zeus and Poseidon respectively. Joining them in the cast ensemble are Rosamund Pike, Ralph Fiennes, Edgar Ramirez, Toby Kebbell and Bill Nighy.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos