Miley Cyrus to Pull Double Duty in God-Themed Comedy for Paramount
After taking a short break from acting to focus on her Gypsy Heart tour, Miley Cyrus is now ready to make her return to the acting world since the tour has come to an end. Rumor has it, the former "Hannah Montana" star is attached to an untitled comedy pitch for Paramount Pictures.
Miley is said to not only star in the big screen project but also serve as one of the producers. She will produce it with her mother Tish Cyrus via their Hope Town Entertainment banner. The daughter/mother duo will team up with another producer Andrew Panay, whose credits include "Wedding Crashers" and "When in Rome".
Other details about the movie are still scarce, but The Hollywood Reporter suggested it will be a high-concept one which "involves a broken promise to God." The scripts will be penned by Sam Brown and Jack Angelo. Serving as executive producers will be Adam Glass and Jodi Zuckerman Weiner from Panay Films production.
Before going on a tour, Miley Cyrus managed to complete the filming of dramedy "LOL" along with Demi Moore and Ashley Greene. She has also shot an action comedy "So Undercover" with Joshua Bowman and Kelly Osbourne. Both movies are expected to come out later this year.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards