Miley Cyrus to Pull Double Duty in God-Themed Comedy for Paramount
After taking a short break from acting to focus on her Gypsy Heart tour, Miley Cyrus is now ready to make her return to the acting world since the tour has come to an end. Rumor has it, the former "Hannah Montana" star is attached to an untitled comedy pitch for Paramount Pictures.
Miley is said to not only star in the big screen project but also serve as one of the producers. She will produce it with her mother Tish Cyrus via their Hope Town Entertainment banner. The daughter/mother duo will team up with another producer Andrew Panay, whose credits include "Wedding Crashers" and "When in Rome".
Other details about the movie are still scarce, but The Hollywood Reporter suggested it will be a high-concept one which "involves a broken promise to God." The scripts will be penned by Sam Brown and Jack Angelo. Serving as executive producers will be Adam Glass and Jodi Zuckerman Weiner from Panay Films production.
Before going on a tour, Miley Cyrus managed to complete the filming of dramedy "LOL" along with Demi Moore and Ashley Greene. She has also shot an action comedy "So Undercover" with Joshua Bowman and Kelly Osbourne. Both movies are expected to come out later this year.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered