Reese Witherspoon Attached to Disney's 'Wish List'
After starring in a PG-13-rated romantic movie "Water for Elephants", Reese Witherspoon is now moving on to play a different character in a comedy by Walt Disney Pictures, called "Wish List". The project was initially conceived as a movie with a male lead role, but now it's being adjusted since Witherspoon signed in.
Script for the film is written by Randi Mayem Singer who wrote 1993's "Mrs. Doubtfire", with Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray serving as the producers. Ciardi and Gray have previously teamed up with Disney for 2010's drama "Secretariat".
"Wish List" revolves around an overly imaginative young girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. Unfortunately, none of the wishes comes true because her coin gets stuck and it never reaches the bottom of the well. 25 years later, her coin finally falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of her 10 childhood wishes coming true all at once.
Aside from this comedy film, Reese Witherspoon has also locked a role in a forthcoming McG-directed action comedy, "This Means War". For the movie, she is expected to play opposite Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Chelsea Handler.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle