Reese Witherspoon Attached to Disney's 'Wish List'
After starring in a PG-13-rated romantic movie "Water for Elephants", Reese Witherspoon is now moving on to play a different character in a comedy by Walt Disney Pictures, called "Wish List". The project was initially conceived as a movie with a male lead role, but now it's being adjusted since Witherspoon signed in.
Script for the film is written by Randi Mayem Singer who wrote 1993's "Mrs. Doubtfire", with Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray serving as the producers. Ciardi and Gray have previously teamed up with Disney for 2010's drama "Secretariat".
"Wish List" revolves around an overly imaginative young girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. Unfortunately, none of the wishes comes true because her coin gets stuck and it never reaches the bottom of the well. 25 years later, her coin finally falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of her 10 childhood wishes coming true all at once.
Aside from this comedy film, Reese Witherspoon has also locked a role in a forthcoming McG-directed action comedy, "This Means War". For the movie, she is expected to play opposite Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Chelsea Handler.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris