Reese Witherspoon Attached to Disney's 'Wish List'
After starring in a PG-13-rated romantic movie "Water for Elephants", Reese Witherspoon is now moving on to play a different character in a comedy by Walt Disney Pictures, called "Wish List". The project was initially conceived as a movie with a male lead role, but now it's being adjusted since Witherspoon signed in.
Script for the film is written by Randi Mayem Singer who wrote 1993's "Mrs. Doubtfire", with Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray serving as the producers. Ciardi and Gray have previously teamed up with Disney for 2010's drama "Secretariat".
"Wish List" revolves around an overly imaginative young girl who makes ten wishes at a wishing well. Unfortunately, none of the wishes comes true because her coin gets stuck and it never reaches the bottom of the well. 25 years later, her coin finally falls to the bottom and she has to deal with the ramifications of her 10 childhood wishes coming true all at once.
Aside from this comedy film, Reese Witherspoon has also locked a role in a forthcoming McG-directed action comedy, "This Means War". For the movie, she is expected to play opposite Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Chelsea Handler.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics