Lil Wayne Smashes Guitar in First 2011 MTV VMAs Promo
Lil Wayne shows off his rock star persona in the first official promo ad for 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The rap mogul, who is tapped as one of the musical guests, gets a new tattoo, does crowd-surfing, and smashes a guitar while Nirvana's rock music is being played as a backsound.
Weezy receives at least two nominations this year, one for Best Hip-Hop Video and the other for Best Collaboration. "Being a nominee and performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity," he said. "Looking forward to performing on the show, and having 'Tha Carter IV' drop the same week!"
The long-delayed album is going to be released across the United States on August 29. Back in mid-July, his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant assured fans that there wouldn't be any pushback for the CD. Tez said back then that the CD will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs will be held in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Adele and Chris Brown have been confirmed to join Weezy on the performer list. Presenters and other musical acts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake