Lil Wayne Smashes Guitar in First 2011 MTV VMAs Promo
Lil Wayne shows off his rock star persona in the first official promo ad for 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The rap mogul, who is tapped as one of the musical guests, gets a new tattoo, does crowd-surfing, and smashes a guitar while Nirvana's rock music is being played as a backsound.
Weezy receives at least two nominations this year, one for Best Hip-Hop Video and the other for Best Collaboration. "Being a nominee and performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity," he said. "Looking forward to performing on the show, and having 'Tha Carter IV' drop the same week!"
The long-delayed album is going to be released across the United States on August 29. Back in mid-July, his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant assured fans that there wouldn't be any pushback for the CD. Tez said back then that the CD will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs will be held in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Adele and Chris Brown have been confirmed to join Weezy on the performer list. Presenters and other musical acts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'