Lil Wayne Smashes Guitar in First 2011 MTV VMAs Promo
Lil Wayne shows off his rock star persona in the first official promo ad for 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The rap mogul, who is tapped as one of the musical guests, gets a new tattoo, does crowd-surfing, and smashes a guitar while Nirvana's rock music is being played as a backsound.
Weezy receives at least two nominations this year, one for Best Hip-Hop Video and the other for Best Collaboration. "Being a nominee and performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity," he said. "Looking forward to performing on the show, and having 'Tha Carter IV' drop the same week!"
The long-delayed album is going to be released across the United States on August 29. Back in mid-July, his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant assured fans that there wouldn't be any pushback for the CD. Tez said back then that the CD will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs will be held in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Adele and Chris Brown have been confirmed to join Weezy on the performer list. Presenters and other musical acts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy