Lil Wayne Smashes Guitar in First 2011 MTV VMAs Promo
Lil Wayne shows off his rock star persona in the first official promo ad for 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The rap mogul, who is tapped as one of the musical guests, gets a new tattoo, does crowd-surfing, and smashes a guitar while Nirvana's rock music is being played as a backsound.
Weezy receives at least two nominations this year, one for Best Hip-Hop Video and the other for Best Collaboration. "Being a nominee and performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity," he said. "Looking forward to performing on the show, and having 'Tha Carter IV' drop the same week!"
The long-delayed album is going to be released across the United States on August 29. Back in mid-July, his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant assured fans that there wouldn't be any pushback for the CD. Tez said back then that the CD will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs will be held in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Adele and Chris Brown have been confirmed to join Weezy on the performer list. Presenters and other musical acts are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'