First Look at Marion Cotillard at 'Dark Knight Rises' Hints Villainous Role
More new pictures from "The Dark Knight Rises" filming have arrived, giving a first look at Marion Cotillard's character in the superhero movie. She is tapped to play Miranda Tate, a board member in Wayne Enterprises, but judging from the set being prepared for her scene, rumors suggest that there is more to her character than just a board member.
The "Midnight in Paris" star is snapped wearing a wardrobe that fits to the fake chilly weather set up for the shoot. She braved the summer heat of Pittsburgh in a navy wool coat, black tight pants and leather boots. One picture shows her walking down the steps of Gotham City Hall with a gun-armed soldier trailing behind her. Another image, meanwhile, sees her climbing the hood of a camouflaged Tumbler.
When Marion was first linked to the "Dark Knight Rises", it was reported that she would tackle the role of Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of "Batman Begins" villain Ra's Al Ghul. Warner Bros., however, debunked the rumor back then, stating in a press release that she portrays "a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham."
Beside Marion, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have also been spotted on the set over the weekend. Playing Batman and villainous Bane respectively, Bale and Hardy filmed a fighting scene. As for Oldman and Gordon-Levitt, the James Gordon and the John Blake depicters reportedly shot a scene with Marion in a judge's house.
Directed by Christopher Nolan, the action movie is going to be released in theaters across the United States in the summer of 2012.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair