Kings of Leon Cancel U.S. Tour, Deny Break-Up Rumors
Kings of Leon have just announced that the remaining dates of their U.S. tour have been scrapped, and there will no rescheduling. The news came hot on heels of their July 29 Dallas concert which was cut short due to Caleb Followill's health issue.
On their official website, it was announced that the cancellation was triggered by Caleb's vocal issues and exhaustion. Rumor, however, suggested there was bigger issue after bassist Jared Followill admitted on Twitter that there were "internal sicknesses & problems" that needed to be addressed.
Over the weekend, he wrote, "Dallas, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. ... I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."
"Utterly depressed. It's completely out of my hands. Family has to come 1st. If bass solos & backing vocals were more popular, I'd be there.Thanks to all my friends, family, & fans. I'm not going to stop working. I'm going to spend time writing songs and looking to the future."
He later assured that they are not breaking up. "Don't jump to conclusions guys," he wrote. "Just got a text from Nathan..... Ummm.... Eesh. So about what I just said.......Kidding! Kidding! Not breaking up." His bandmate Nathan Followill also posted on his own page, "Bummed about the tour not happening. So sorry 4 all the fans. We just need some rest. Thanks 4 understanding. WE ARE NOT BREAKING UP!"
In line with their clarification, their camp said, "The band is devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break." Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase, and tickets purchased online or via phones will be automatically refunded.
The band will resume touring in Canada at the Rogers Center in Vancouver, BC, on September 28. The show was a makeup date for the one which was supposed to take place on September 14. Their international tour schedule will go ahead as planned and is not affected by the U.S. tour cancellation.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur