'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Images Thieves Caught
Nothing escapes Summit Entertainment's hunt, especially when it concerns its highest-earning franchise, "Twilight". The studio has just released a statement regarding the stolen images of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn", saying they have caught the culprit.
"In an action that further communicates that those who steal images, video and other intellectual property will be identified and prosecuted globally, Summit Entertainment communicated today that it has identified the principal hacker who earlier this year stole unreleased materials from THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN which were then distributed on the internet," the studio affirmed.
"Civil actions in the United States and Argentina name Daiana Santia, along with others, as being involved in stealing photographs, unfinished images and video from both parts of the yet to be released THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN which first appeared on the internet of March 31 of this year. Criminal action in Argentina has also been filed."
The investigation in four continents ended in Argentina but police believe that "others may also be involved in the crime and thus the investigation is on-going."
Meanwhile, Summit's Executive Vice President and General Counsel, David C. Friedman, commented about the progress, "While we very much appreciate the legions of committed fans of the franchise and encourage them to create community online, we cannot ignore that property was stolen. It is not fair to the majority of fans that want to see the final chapter of the TWILIGHT SAGA film franchise fully realized by the filmmaker and dedicated cast and crew to have these images out and available on the Internet."
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" will be released on November 18, this year and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" on November 16, 2012.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story