Kelsey Grammer Plans to Run for New York's Mayor
Kelsey Grammer is the next celebrity who will cross the bridge to politic world. His role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane in Starz's new drama called "Boss" has inspired the longtime Republican to run the office, most likely in New York.
"I have had a great career and extraordinary opportunities," the actor told The NY Post. "But I look at my political aspirations as that last piece of my life -- where I hope to do something good for people and pay back a little."
The biggest triggers that made him consider politic are his heart attack three years ago and his ill-fated sitcom "Hank". Grammer said, "I spent several months sort of looking at my own life. And I just decided I didn't want to have be my last story. So, I decided that it was time to make changes that involved my career, as well as my personal life. Doing a drama started to make really good sense, because it took me back to my roots."
But he realizes that in order to get into politic he has to have "narcissistic personality" to succeed. "You certainly have to have a resilient ego," he added. The actor, who reportedly had $100 million in personal wealth, would use the money he got from "Frasier" reruns to run for the election.
His first mission could be that debt problem. "Even the solution they are talking about now -- the 10-year, $3-trillion solution -- that has to be paid for. Nobody is talking about actually getting rid of the debt that exists already. That doesn't make any sense. It's first-grade math," Grammer said.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny