Kelsey Grammer Plans to Run for New York's Mayor
Kelsey Grammer is the next celebrity who will cross the bridge to politic world. His role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane in Starz's new drama called "Boss" has inspired the longtime Republican to run the office, most likely in New York.
"I have had a great career and extraordinary opportunities," the actor told The NY Post. "But I look at my political aspirations as that last piece of my life -- where I hope to do something good for people and pay back a little."
The biggest triggers that made him consider politic are his heart attack three years ago and his ill-fated sitcom "Hank". Grammer said, "I spent several months sort of looking at my own life. And I just decided I didn't want to have be my last story. So, I decided that it was time to make changes that involved my career, as well as my personal life. Doing a drama started to make really good sense, because it took me back to my roots."
But he realizes that in order to get into politic he has to have "narcissistic personality" to succeed. "You certainly have to have a resilient ego," he added. The actor, who reportedly had $100 million in personal wealth, would use the money he got from "Frasier" reruns to run for the election.
His first mission could be that debt problem. "Even the solution they are talking about now -- the 10-year, $3-trillion solution -- that has to be paid for. Nobody is talking about actually getting rid of the debt that exists already. That doesn't make any sense. It's first-grade math," Grammer said.
More Kelsey Grammer News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics