Kelsey Grammer Plans to Run for New York's Mayor
Kelsey Grammer is the next celebrity who will cross the bridge to politic world. His role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane in Starz's new drama called "Boss" has inspired the longtime Republican to run the office, most likely in New York.
"I have had a great career and extraordinary opportunities," the actor told The NY Post. "But I look at my political aspirations as that last piece of my life -- where I hope to do something good for people and pay back a little."
The biggest triggers that made him consider politic are his heart attack three years ago and his ill-fated sitcom "Hank". Grammer said, "I spent several months sort of looking at my own life. And I just decided I didn't want to have be my last story. So, I decided that it was time to make changes that involved my career, as well as my personal life. Doing a drama started to make really good sense, because it took me back to my roots."
But he realizes that in order to get into politic he has to have "narcissistic personality" to succeed. "You certainly have to have a resilient ego," he added. The actor, who reportedly had $100 million in personal wealth, would use the money he got from "Frasier" reruns to run for the election.
His first mission could be that debt problem. "Even the solution they are talking about now -- the 10-year, $3-trillion solution -- that has to be paid for. Nobody is talking about actually getting rid of the debt that exists already. That doesn't make any sense. It's first-grade math," Grammer said.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group