NBC and Adam Levine to Team Up for Karaoke Comedy Project
NBC and Adam Levine are set to work together outside the unscripted world. Deadline reports that the network has landed a single-camera comedy project which is going to be executive produced by the Maroon 5 frontman, who serves as one of the judges/mentors on singing competition "The Voice", along with Jake Kasdan.
Kasdan is also attached to direct the scripted show, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. To be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, the comedy project is set at a karaoke bar and is said to organically blend comedy with a musical element.
Set to write the upcoming show is Gene Hong ("The Goode Family"), who happens to be Levine's longtime friend. Surprisingly similar to their comedy project, their friendship reportedly started at a karaoke bar.
More Adam Levine News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked