NBC and Adam Levine to Team Up for Karaoke Comedy Project
NBC and Adam Levine are set to work together outside the unscripted world. Deadline reports that the network has landed a single-camera comedy project which is going to be executive produced by the Maroon 5 frontman, who serves as one of the judges/mentors on singing competition "The Voice", along with Jake Kasdan.
Kasdan is also attached to direct the scripted show, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. To be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, the comedy project is set at a karaoke bar and is said to organically blend comedy with a musical element.
Set to write the upcoming show is Gene Hong ("The Goode Family"), who happens to be Levine's longtime friend. Surprisingly similar to their comedy project, their friendship reportedly started at a karaoke bar.
More Adam Levine News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked