NBC and Adam Levine to Team Up for Karaoke Comedy Project
NBC and Adam Levine are set to work together outside the unscripted world. Deadline reports that the network has landed a single-camera comedy project which is going to be executive produced by the Maroon 5 frontman, who serves as one of the judges/mentors on singing competition "The Voice", along with Jake Kasdan.
Kasdan is also attached to direct the scripted show, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. To be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, the comedy project is set at a karaoke bar and is said to organically blend comedy with a musical element.
Set to write the upcoming show is Gene Hong ("The Goode Family"), who happens to be Levine's longtime friend. Surprisingly similar to their comedy project, their friendship reportedly started at a karaoke bar.
More Adam Levine News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding