NBC and Adam Levine to Team Up for Karaoke Comedy Project
NBC and Adam Levine are set to work together outside the unscripted world. Deadline reports that the network has landed a single-camera comedy project which is going to be executive produced by the Maroon 5 frontman, who serves as one of the judges/mentors on singing competition "The Voice", along with Jake Kasdan.
Kasdan is also attached to direct the scripted show, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. To be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, the comedy project is set at a karaoke bar and is said to organically blend comedy with a musical element.
Set to write the upcoming show is Gene Hong ("The Goode Family"), who happens to be Levine's longtime friend. Surprisingly similar to their comedy project, their friendship reportedly started at a karaoke bar.
More Adam Levine News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director