NBC and Adam Levine to Team Up for Karaoke Comedy Project
NBC and Adam Levine are set to work together outside the unscripted world. Deadline reports that the network has landed a single-camera comedy project which is going to be executive produced by the Maroon 5 frontman, who serves as one of the judges/mentors on singing competition "The Voice", along with Jake Kasdan.
Kasdan is also attached to direct the scripted show, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. To be produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, the comedy project is set at a karaoke bar and is said to organically blend comedy with a musical element.
Set to write the upcoming show is Gene Hong ("The Goode Family"), who happens to be Levine's longtime friend. Surprisingly similar to their comedy project, their friendship reportedly started at a karaoke bar.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist