Video: Fantasia Barrino Confirms She's Pregnant
Fantasia Barrino has another bun in the oven. While taking the stage to sing at a charity event for the opening of the Riverview Apartments in Jacksonville, Florida on Sunday, July 31, the season 3 winner of "American Idol" made the announcement that she is expecting a child.
"You are the first persons that I share this news with. And I share this with you, because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don't live my life for folk," the 27-year-old told the crowd gathering. "This child that I carry. God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all."
The "Bittersweet" singer didn't mention who is the baby's father, but she was last linked romantically to Antwuan Cook. Back in November 2010, it was reported that she confessed to have got pregnant with Antwuan and had an abortion when testifying in child custody case between him and his estranged wife Paula Cook.
Fantasia already has a daughter, Zion Quari Barrino, who will turn 10 on August 8.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story