Video: Fantasia Barrino Confirms She's Pregnant
Fantasia Barrino has another bun in the oven. While taking the stage to sing at a charity event for the opening of the Riverview Apartments in Jacksonville, Florida on Sunday, July 31, the season 3 winner of "American Idol" made the announcement that she is expecting a child.
"You are the first persons that I share this news with. And I share this with you, because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don't live my life for folk," the 27-year-old told the crowd gathering. "This child that I carry. God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all."
The "Bittersweet" singer didn't mention who is the baby's father, but she was last linked romantically to Antwuan Cook. Back in November 2010, it was reported that she confessed to have got pregnant with Antwuan and had an abortion when testifying in child custody case between him and his estranged wife Paula Cook.
Fantasia already has a daughter, Zion Quari Barrino, who will turn 10 on August 8.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation