Artist of the Week: Greyson Chance
Gifted with boyish look and lovable voice, Greyson Chance drew millions of views on YouTube for his homemade video last year. Having no vocal training, he wowed online viewers with his rendition of Lady GaGa's song. He later landed a record deal with Ellen DeGeneres' label and is deemed to be one of the next big things.
A year in the making, Greyson's debut album "Hold on 'Til the Night" is coming out in the United States on August 2. He dropped an inspirational song "Waiting Outside the Lines" for his first offering. He said, "The song comes from the heart and I hope and pray that my fans can use it to 'escape' from all the pressures of life. I can't wait for everyone to take this journey with me."
Then, the teen poured his heart out in a breakup song "Unfriend You" for a second single. He gushed, "When I was writing this record, and especially when I was in the studio cutting 'Unfriend You,' I was heartbroken, so it felt good to express myself through the music and through the art of it."
Beside showcasing his pipes, Greyson also uses the upcoming album to show off his songwriting skills. Out of the ten songs listed in it, the 13-year-old pop singer wrote seven of them. His musical inspirations include Christina Aguilera, Augustana, John Legend and The Beatles.
In the past few months, the YouTube singing sensation has toured with Miranda Cosgrove and hit the road with fellow young star Cody Simpson. Beside embarking on a joint gig, he boasts a few headlining dates as well.
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight