Artist of the Week: Greyson Chance
Gifted with boyish look and lovable voice, Greyson Chance drew millions of views on YouTube for his homemade video last year. Having no vocal training, he wowed online viewers with his rendition of Lady GaGa's song. He later landed a record deal with Ellen DeGeneres' label and is deemed to be one of the next big things.
A year in the making, Greyson's debut album "Hold on 'Til the Night" is coming out in the United States on August 2. He dropped an inspirational song "Waiting Outside the Lines" for his first offering. He said, "The song comes from the heart and I hope and pray that my fans can use it to 'escape' from all the pressures of life. I can't wait for everyone to take this journey with me."
Then, the teen poured his heart out in a breakup song "Unfriend You" for a second single. He gushed, "When I was writing this record, and especially when I was in the studio cutting 'Unfriend You,' I was heartbroken, so it felt good to express myself through the music and through the art of it."
Beside showcasing his pipes, Greyson also uses the upcoming album to show off his songwriting skills. Out of the ten songs listed in it, the 13-year-old pop singer wrote seven of them. His musical inspirations include Christina Aguilera, Augustana, John Legend and The Beatles.
In the past few months, the YouTube singing sensation has toured with Miranda Cosgrove and hit the road with fellow young star Cody Simpson. Beside embarking on a joint gig, he boasts a few headlining dates as well.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics