Hugh Laurie Confirms House's In-Jail State in Season 8
"House M.D." will be set in prison when the eighth season kicks off this fall on Monday, October 3, it has been confirmed by Hugh Laurie. The House depicter on the FOX medical drama series told reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills, "I am a prisoner."
As for how long his alter ego will stay behind the bars, the English actor claimed he has no idea. "I don't know [how long I'll be there]. They keep me in the dark," he said. "It's probably better that way."
Also on the same occasion, Laurie talked briefly about Lisa Edelstein who quit "House" after the end of season 7. "We all miss Lisa very much," he shared.
Laurie showed up at the TCA to attend a panel for his upcoming PBS special, "Great Performances: Hugh Laurie: Let Them Talk - A Celebration of New Orleans Blues". The show centers on the making of his first album "Let Them Talk" which features him collaborating with Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas and Tom Jones.
"This whole experience [was] closer to who I am than many things I have done," the 52-year-old said of the project. "I suppose because the subject was so dear to my heart. It was very unplanned. It was a genuine journey of discovery."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special