Hugh Laurie Confirms House's In-Jail State in Season 8
"House M.D." will be set in prison when the eighth season kicks off this fall on Monday, October 3, it has been confirmed by Hugh Laurie. The House depicter on the FOX medical drama series told reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills, "I am a prisoner."
As for how long his alter ego will stay behind the bars, the English actor claimed he has no idea. "I don't know [how long I'll be there]. They keep me in the dark," he said. "It's probably better that way."
Also on the same occasion, Laurie talked briefly about Lisa Edelstein who quit "House" after the end of season 7. "We all miss Lisa very much," he shared.
Laurie showed up at the TCA to attend a panel for his upcoming PBS special, "Great Performances: Hugh Laurie: Let Them Talk - A Celebration of New Orleans Blues". The show centers on the making of his first album "Let Them Talk" which features him collaborating with Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas and Tom Jones.
"This whole experience [was] closer to who I am than many things I have done," the 52-year-old said of the project. "I suppose because the subject was so dear to my heart. It was very unplanned. It was a genuine journey of discovery."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt