Rep Denies Amy Winehouse's in the Process of Adopting a Child
Words have spread like wild fire that Amy Winehouse was in the middle of adopting a girl from the island of St. Lucia when she died, but her representative was quick to reject the speculations. Setting the record straight, a representative for the "Back to Black" singer simply told Gossip Cop, "There's no truth to it."
News that Amy had hired lawyers to adopt Augustine was brought up by The Sunday Mirror. The British tabloid cited the 10-year-old, who reportedly lives in poverty with her single mom, as saying, "Amy was already my mother. I would call her mum and she would call me her daughter. She took care of me and we had fun together. I loved her and she loved me."
"She was the most amazing person and I was looking forward to living with her here or in London. I cannot believe she is gone. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me," Dannika added. The young girl reportedly met Amy back in 2009 through her grandmother Marjorie Lambert.
57-year-old Marjorie, who runs a beach bar, herself said, "[Amy] was prepared to move to St Lucia to be her full-time mum. Amy wanted to have a child so bad." She added, "If she had not died, there is no doubt she would be here in St Lucia Âcompleting the adoption process. There is no way she would have done what she did to herself if Dannika was with her."
Amy was found dead in her London apartment on July 23. Police still can't determine the cause of her death, calling it "unexplained", but her family believe she might have died from alcohol withdrawal. A family friend told The Sun, "Abstinence gave her body such a fright, they thought it was eventually the cause of her death."
A private funeral service for the "Rehab" singer has been held at Edgwarebury Cemetery last Tuesday, July 26. Led by a rabbi, it lasted roughly an hour with the "Rehab" singer's father, Mitch Winehouse, giving a touching eulogy. It was followed with a cremation at the Golders Green Crematorium in north London.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal