Daughter Arrested for DWI, Al Pacino Rushes Back to New York
Al Pacino puts his family before work. The actor playing Dr. Jack Kevorkian on "You Don't Know Jack" was busy filming an untitled Phil Spector biopic in Los Angeles, but he rushed back to New York City after learning that his daughter Julie has been arrested for drunk driving.
The 71-year-old, who won an Oscar for his role as Frank Slade in "Scent of a Woman", was seen arriving at the JFK airport on Sunday morning, July 31. Wearing an all black attire, he walked briskly through the airport. Accompanying him was his Argentinian actress girlfriend Lucila Sola.
Julie, Al's daughter with acting coach Jan Tarrant, was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated 1:35 A.M. on Saturday, July 30. An NYPD spokesman confirmed to PEOPLE that the 21-year-old was pulled over after she drove black Mercedes Benz through a DWI checkpoint on West Houston Street in Manhattan.
According to Officer James Duffy, Julie had "bloodshot, watery eyes, slurred speech and the strong smell of alcohol on her breath." The officer additionally stated, "She admitted to drinking three beers and smoking marijuana prior to entering the checkpoint."
The New York Daily News reported that Julie was initially pulled over after the NYPD noticed her California license plate had expired. She was arraigned at 5:23 P.M. on Saturday and released on her own recognizance.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards