Rep: Soulja Boy NOT Buying $55M Private Jet
Contrary to the swirling rumors, Soulja Boy did not spend $55 millions to treat himself to a tricked-out private jet for his 21st birthday. Setting the record straight on the story first brought to attention by TMZ was a spokesperson for the "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" rapper.
In a statement released on Friday, July 29, Greg Miller said, "The elaborate rumors circulating about Soulja Boy purchasing a jet for his 21st birthday are grossly over exaggerated." The spokesman additionally stressed that the rumors "are not true".
Earlier, TMZ claimed to have been informed by a member of Soulja's management team that the MC has bought the G5 jet for $35 million. He was also said spending an additional $20 million to customize the jet with 12 custom Italian leather seats, 4 liquor bars, flat screen TVs, Brazilian hardwood cabinets and a special travertine tiled floor among other things.
Soulja turned 21 on Thursday, July 28. On the same day his spokesperson came out with the denial, the "Kiss Me Thru the Phone" rapper gushed about his birthday party, which reportedly costs $300,000 and will take place at a Miami nightclub. "Yesterday was the best birthday! tonight will be the best party! these last 3 days have been the best of my life," he tweeted.
In another news, Soulja is said to have owed thousands of dollars in back taxes. Radar Online has obtained official documents that uncovered the State of California filed a $26,805 tax lien against the rapper on March 24. The gossip site also claimed that he owed the State of Mississippi $3,571 in back taxes, but allegedly has paid the full amount on July 22.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding