Oprah Winfrey's New Series to Recycle Her Old Talk Show
Having spent 25 years on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", the host will recycle episodes from her former daytime talk show for a new series on her own network. Oprah Winfrey announced at Television Critics Association on Friday, July 29 that she will launch new series "OWN YOUR LIFE (The Oprah Class)" which will feature the best of "Oprah Winfrey Show" with all-new insights and life lessons from it.
Previously called "Oprah's Encore", the show will be presented as a classroom aimed to help viewers improve their lives. "At Oprah's core, she is a teacher," OWN president Sheri Salata said of Oprah. The show will premiere on Monday, October 10 and air weekdays at 8 P.M. ET/PT.
"OWN YOUR LIFE" will be paired with "The Rosie Show", a new talk show from Rosie O'Donnell. It will also premiere on October 10 and air from Monday to Friday at 7 P.M. ET/PT on Oprah's network.
The show will cover "current events, spotlight hometown heroes and newsmakers, showcase the arts, celebrate kids and families, as well as feature well-known and upcoming talent." Speaking at the TCA, Rosie explained that she will only have one celebrity per episode.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video