Denis O'Hare of 'True Blood' Married Boyfriend in NYC
Denis O'Hare is among the gay couples who officiated their union with respective partners this month. The "True Blood" actor married his long-term boyfriend, decorator Hugo Redwood in New York City on Thursday, July 28.
Same-sex marriage license was declared legal in New York on July 24 and four days later, O'Hare took the opportunity. "Okay. It happened. Hugo and I just got married," the 49-year-old actor announced via Twitter. They tied the knot at a New York City courthouse in which they took a photo as a lawfully wedded couple.
New York is the sixth and largest state to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry after Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the state's Marriage Equality Act in June. Around 823 couples got married on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal in the state.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?