Denis O'Hare of 'True Blood' Married Boyfriend in NYC
Denis O'Hare is among the gay couples who officiated their union with respective partners this month. The "True Blood" actor married his long-term boyfriend, decorator Hugo Redwood in New York City on Thursday, July 28.
Same-sex marriage license was declared legal in New York on July 24 and four days later, O'Hare took the opportunity. "Okay. It happened. Hugo and I just got married," the 49-year-old actor announced via Twitter. They tied the knot at a New York City courthouse in which they took a photo as a lawfully wedded couple.
New York is the sixth and largest state to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry after Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the state's Marriage Equality Act in June. Around 823 couples got married on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal in the state.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo