Denis O'Hare of 'True Blood' Married Boyfriend in NYC
Denis O'Hare is among the gay couples who officiated their union with respective partners this month. The "True Blood" actor married his long-term boyfriend, decorator Hugo Redwood in New York City on Thursday, July 28.
Same-sex marriage license was declared legal in New York on July 24 and four days later, O'Hare took the opportunity. "Okay. It happened. Hugo and I just got married," the 49-year-old actor announced via Twitter. They tied the knot at a New York City courthouse in which they took a photo as a lawfully wedded couple.
New York is the sixth and largest state to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry after Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the state's Marriage Equality Act in June. Around 823 couples got married on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal in the state.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease