Denis O'Hare of 'True Blood' Married Boyfriend in NYC
Denis O'Hare is among the gay couples who officiated their union with respective partners this month. The "True Blood" actor married his long-term boyfriend, decorator Hugo Redwood in New York City on Thursday, July 28.
Same-sex marriage license was declared legal in New York on July 24 and four days later, O'Hare took the opportunity. "Okay. It happened. Hugo and I just got married," the 49-year-old actor announced via Twitter. They tied the knot at a New York City courthouse in which they took a photo as a lawfully wedded couple.
New York is the sixth and largest state to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry after Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the state's Marriage Equality Act in June. Around 823 couples got married on the first day that same-sex marriage was legal in the state.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years