Clearing Out Amy Winehouse's Home, Father Gives Her Clothes to Fans
Some of Amy Winehouse's possessions have been given away to her loyal fans. On Thursday, July 28, the "Back to Black" singer's father, Mitch Winehouse, surprised the crowd gathering outside her home in Camden, North London when he began handing out some of her clothes.
As he doled out the clothes to stunned fans in the street, the 60-year-old said, "These are Amy's T-shirts. This is what she would have wanted - for her fans to have her clothes." Joining him in distributing the items, which also included sunglasses, was Amy's on-and-off boyfriend, Reg Traviss.
Marcella Wright, a 17-year-old fan from Ireland got her hand on Amy's white vest top and said, "It feels amazing to have been given this. She was an idol to me." 52-year-old Brigitte Pividal, meanwhile, left with a red top. "I have been coming here every day since she died and I didn't expect this. I will cherish it all my life," she said.
Mitch, along with Amy's mother Janis, manager Raye Cosbert and several friends, went to the singer's house on Thursday to clear out some of her belongings. They came just two days after a private funeral service was held at Edgwarebury Cemetery and the "Rehab" hitmaker was cremated at the Golders Green Crematorium.
Daily Mirror reported that Amy's guitar was one of the items piled into a waiting Mercedes, while her ballet shoes were seen in Mitch's back pocket. Before leaving the house, her father told the crowd, "Please keep listening to her music. God bless Amy Winehouse."
Amy was found dead on her bed last Saturday, July 23. While the exact cause of her death awaits further toxicology tests, her family believe she might have died from alcohol withdrawal. A family friend told The Sun, "Abstinence gave her body such a fright, they thought it was eventually the cause of her death."
The insider also dished on that Mitch said in his eulogy that "doctors had told Amy to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid bingeing at all costs." The source added, "Amy told him she couldn't do that. It was all or nothing and she gave up completely. Mitch said the shock of giving up, after everything she had been through over a bad few years, was just too much for her to take."
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik