2011 Emmy Ad: Jane Lynch 'Steals' Hosting Gig From Ellen DeGeneres
Jane Lynch jokes about how she lands the hosting job at 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the first ad for the prize-giving show. According to the comedienne, producers called her for the gig but had no idea who she really was.
Although she knew that the producers confused her with Ellen DeGeneres, the Sue Sylvester of "Glee" admitted she assumed DeGeneres' identity and got hired to host Emmy. Clad in a tuxedo, she shows no regret when revealing that she took advantage of this confusion.
When she was officially announced as the Emmy host, Lynch stated she is "looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my finest tracksuit." The Golden Globe winner also gets a chance to walk home with an Emmy trophy since she is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her role on musical series "Glee". She has won the same title last year.
The 2011 Emmy Awards will be held on September 18 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and aired live by FOX.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered