2011 Emmy Ad: Jane Lynch 'Steals' Hosting Gig From Ellen DeGeneres
Jane Lynch jokes about how she lands the hosting job at 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the first ad for the prize-giving show. According to the comedienne, producers called her for the gig but had no idea who she really was.
Although she knew that the producers confused her with Ellen DeGeneres, the Sue Sylvester of "Glee" admitted she assumed DeGeneres' identity and got hired to host Emmy. Clad in a tuxedo, she shows no regret when revealing that she took advantage of this confusion.
When she was officially announced as the Emmy host, Lynch stated she is "looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my finest tracksuit." The Golden Globe winner also gets a chance to walk home with an Emmy trophy since she is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her role on musical series "Glee". She has won the same title last year.
The 2011 Emmy Awards will be held on September 18 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and aired live by FOX.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri