2011 Emmy Ad: Jane Lynch 'Steals' Hosting Gig From Ellen DeGeneres
Jane Lynch jokes about how she lands the hosting job at 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the first ad for the prize-giving show. According to the comedienne, producers called her for the gig but had no idea who she really was.
Although she knew that the producers confused her with Ellen DeGeneres, the Sue Sylvester of "Glee" admitted she assumed DeGeneres' identity and got hired to host Emmy. Clad in a tuxedo, she shows no regret when revealing that she took advantage of this confusion.
When she was officially announced as the Emmy host, Lynch stated she is "looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my finest tracksuit." The Golden Globe winner also gets a chance to walk home with an Emmy trophy since she is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her role on musical series "Glee". She has won the same title last year.
The 2011 Emmy Awards will be held on September 18 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and aired live by FOX.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism