Paz de la Huerta Pleads Guilty to Harassing Reality Star
"Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta admitted to harassing "The City" star Samantha Swerta. The actress pleaded guilty on Thursday, July 28 morning in Manhattan Criminal Court to one count of second-degree harassment which stemmed from a March brawl.
de la Huerta and Swerta were arguing of their respective degrees of fame and reportedly Swerta's male companion during a party at the Standard Hotel in New York. She threw a glass at Swetra's leg, pummeled her in the face and told the police that she called Swetra a "fake actress". de la Huerta declared that she was the real deal.
Swetra had to seek a medical attention because one of the glass pieces was lodged inside her leg. de la Huerta was originally charged with five misdemeanor charges, including two counts of third degree assault, criminal possession of a weapon, attempted assault and harassment.
However, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan D.A.'s office told E! News that de la Huerta will get off relatively light because the count "is a violation, not a crime". She has to complete one day of community service and take part in a 10- to 12-week alcohol-treatment counseling.
Commenting on the outcome, de la Huerta said that she's "extremely glad this is over".
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'