Paz de la Huerta Pleads Guilty to Harassing Reality Star
"Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta admitted to harassing "The City" star Samantha Swerta. The actress pleaded guilty on Thursday, July 28 morning in Manhattan Criminal Court to one count of second-degree harassment which stemmed from a March brawl.
de la Huerta and Swerta were arguing of their respective degrees of fame and reportedly Swerta's male companion during a party at the Standard Hotel in New York. She threw a glass at Swetra's leg, pummeled her in the face and told the police that she called Swetra a "fake actress". de la Huerta declared that she was the real deal.
Swetra had to seek a medical attention because one of the glass pieces was lodged inside her leg. de la Huerta was originally charged with five misdemeanor charges, including two counts of third degree assault, criminal possession of a weapon, attempted assault and harassment.
However, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan D.A.'s office told E! News that de la Huerta will get off relatively light because the count "is a violation, not a crime". She has to complete one day of community service and take part in a 10- to 12-week alcohol-treatment counseling.
Commenting on the outcome, de la Huerta said that she's "extremely glad this is over".
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group