Paz de la Huerta Pleads Guilty to Harassing Reality Star
"Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta admitted to harassing "The City" star Samantha Swerta. The actress pleaded guilty on Thursday, July 28 morning in Manhattan Criminal Court to one count of second-degree harassment which stemmed from a March brawl.
de la Huerta and Swerta were arguing of their respective degrees of fame and reportedly Swerta's male companion during a party at the Standard Hotel in New York. She threw a glass at Swetra's leg, pummeled her in the face and told the police that she called Swetra a "fake actress". de la Huerta declared that she was the real deal.
Swetra had to seek a medical attention because one of the glass pieces was lodged inside her leg. de la Huerta was originally charged with five misdemeanor charges, including two counts of third degree assault, criminal possession of a weapon, attempted assault and harassment.
However, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan D.A.'s office told E! News that de la Huerta will get off relatively light because the count "is a violation, not a crime". She has to complete one day of community service and take part in a 10- to 12-week alcohol-treatment counseling.
Commenting on the outcome, de la Huerta said that she's "extremely glad this is over".
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs