Paz de la Huerta Pleads Guilty to Harassing Reality Star
"Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta admitted to harassing "The City" star Samantha Swerta. The actress pleaded guilty on Thursday, July 28 morning in Manhattan Criminal Court to one count of second-degree harassment which stemmed from a March brawl.
de la Huerta and Swerta were arguing of their respective degrees of fame and reportedly Swerta's male companion during a party at the Standard Hotel in New York. She threw a glass at Swetra's leg, pummeled her in the face and told the police that she called Swetra a "fake actress". de la Huerta declared that she was the real deal.
Swetra had to seek a medical attention because one of the glass pieces was lodged inside her leg. de la Huerta was originally charged with five misdemeanor charges, including two counts of third degree assault, criminal possession of a weapon, attempted assault and harassment.
However, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan D.A.'s office told E! News that de la Huerta will get off relatively light because the count "is a violation, not a crime". She has to complete one day of community service and take part in a 10- to 12-week alcohol-treatment counseling.
Commenting on the outcome, de la Huerta said that she's "extremely glad this is over".
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory