Scarlett Johansson Sends Champagne in Exchange of Her Presence at Marine Ball
Scarlett Johansson has become the latest celebrity to have been invited to the Marine Corps Ball by a Marine. Unfortunately, like Betty White, the actress playing Black Widow in "The Avengers" won't be able to attend the ball, but she is sending luxury champagne as a consolation.
"I feel incredibly honored to have been invited to the Marine Corps Ball by Sgt. Dustin L. Williams," said the 26-year-old in a statement to Zap2it. "Not only does Sgt. Williams deserve recognition for his bravery, selflessness and dedication to the United States and its people, but he also displays a cheeky talent for film making."
"Sgt. Williams, unfortunately due to prior commitments I will not be able to attend the Ball with you this year but I am sending you a case of Moet and Chandon with gratitude. In my absence, I raise a glass to you and all the men and women of the U.S. Marine Corps, past and present, in thanks for your continued commitment to preserving the safety of our nation."
Sgt. Dustin L. Williams asked Scarlett to be his date for the Marine Corps Ball held at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia on November 10. In his YouTube video, the Marine said, "Scarlett Johansson, it would be my pleasure to take you to the Marine Corps Ball and spend an evening with you."
In an e-mail to Zap2it before Scarlett gave her response, Dustin said, "I would not believe the invitation would be denied without good cause. With her current career I would imagine Scarlett Johansson is a busy woman ... Nothing ventured, nothing gained." He did note if she accepted his invitation, it would "truly be an honor not only for me but also my fellow Marines."
First to be invited to the Marine Corps Ball was "Friends with Benefits" star Mila Kunis. After she said yes, Mila's co-star Justin Timberlake, "Hot in Cleveland" actress Betty White and teen songstress Miley Cyrus got theirs. Justin also agreed to attend, but Betty has to say no, while Miley has yet to give her response.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March