'G.I. Joe 2' and 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol' Get New Release Date
Paramount Pictures has confirmed new release date for its two upcoming action/adventure movies, "G.I. Joe 2" and "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol". While the sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is now set to hit U.S. theaters on June 29, 2012, the Tom Cruise-starring film is rescheduled to arrive in the nation on December 21, 2011.
"G.I. Joe 2" was formerly scheduled to be debuted on August 10, 2012. The current slot was originally set for the studio's other project, "Untitled Star Trek Sequel", which has J.J. Abrams as the director. With the new date, "G.I. Joe 2" will compete with highly anticipated superhero film "The Amazing Spider-Man", which will be dropped just a few days later on July 3.
In addition to getting a new release date, the Jon M. Chu-directed film, which was previously called "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes", is reportedly retitled "G.I. Joe: Retaliation".
"M:I-4", meanwhile, was previously slated for November 16 release, along with other anticipated holiday movies, such as "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked".
With the new schedule, the film is up against David Fincher-directed drama "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)", followed two days later by Steven Spielberg's "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn", Chris Gorak's "The Darkest Hour", Cameron Crowe's "We Bought a Zoo" and Angelina Jolie's "In the Land of Blood and Honey".
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3