Trailer for George Clooney's 'Ides of March' Finds Ryan Gosling in Moral Dilemma
The first trailer for George Clooney's latest directorial work "The Ides of March" has made its way out onto the web. It follows a wunderkind press secretary Stephen Myers, who has built a career that men twice his age would envy.
Working for a politician running for the White House office, he finds his meteoric rise falls prey to the backroom politics of more seasoned operatives during a tight presidential primary race. Now he has to choose if he wants to stand up for what he believes in or move his career forward.
Ryan Gosling takes the lead role of Stephen, while Clooney plays a politician whom Stephen works for. Paul Giamatti portrays a rival politician, with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei taking other supporting roles.
"The Ides of March" will be screened at both the Venice Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival in September before it is dropped in U.S. theaters on October 7.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik