Trailer for George Clooney's 'Ides of March' Finds Ryan Gosling in Moral Dilemma
The first trailer for George Clooney's latest directorial work "The Ides of March" has made its way out onto the web. It follows a wunderkind press secretary Stephen Myers, who has built a career that men twice his age would envy.
Working for a politician running for the White House office, he finds his meteoric rise falls prey to the backroom politics of more seasoned operatives during a tight presidential primary race. Now he has to choose if he wants to stand up for what he believes in or move his career forward.
Ryan Gosling takes the lead role of Stephen, while Clooney plays a politician whom Stephen works for. Paul Giamatti portrays a rival politician, with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei taking other supporting roles.
"The Ides of March" will be screened at both the Venice Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival in September before it is dropped in U.S. theaters on October 7.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?