Trailer for George Clooney's 'Ides of March' Finds Ryan Gosling in Moral Dilemma
The first trailer for George Clooney's latest directorial work "The Ides of March" has made its way out onto the web. It follows a wunderkind press secretary Stephen Myers, who has built a career that men twice his age would envy.
Working for a politician running for the White House office, he finds his meteoric rise falls prey to the backroom politics of more seasoned operatives during a tight presidential primary race. Now he has to choose if he wants to stand up for what he believes in or move his career forward.
Ryan Gosling takes the lead role of Stephen, while Clooney plays a politician whom Stephen works for. Paul Giamatti portrays a rival politician, with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei taking other supporting roles.
"The Ides of March" will be screened at both the Venice Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival in September before it is dropped in U.S. theaters on October 7.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date