Engaged Lee DeWyze Spills on How He Proposed to Jonna Walsh
Lee DeWyze has got engaged to Jonna Walsh, and is more than happy to share on how he proposed to his model/actress fiancee. The crowned season 9 winner of "American Idol" told PEOPLE that he got down on one knee under a fireworks-filled sky while on board a private yacht at Disney World in Orlando on July 16.
On the choosing of the proposal venue, the 25-year-old explained, "Jonna is a Disney freak." He went on to recall the moment he popped the question, "They were playing love songs on the boat and I got down on my knee and asked her. I had a speech prepared but it all went out the window so I just asked her. She started crying and I said, 'Is that a yes?' "
Lee first met 26-year-old Jonna in October 2010 while shooting a music video for his first single "Sweet Serendipity". He spilled, "We were casting and I saw her and said, 'Let's go with her.' I thought she was cute. We hung out and we went to a Lakers game on our first date. She's a Lakers fan and I'm a Chicago Bulls fan and we just clicked out of the gate."
While he and Jonna have only been dating for eight months, the "Beautiful Like You" singer said he had no hesitation. "When you know, you know," he insisted. "We both feel that way. We don't need to be together 20 years before we figure it out." The newly-engaged couple are planning to tie the knot in the fall of 2012.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny