Engaged Lee DeWyze Spills on How He Proposed to Jonna Walsh
Lee DeWyze has got engaged to Jonna Walsh, and is more than happy to share on how he proposed to his model/actress fiancee. The crowned season 9 winner of "American Idol" told PEOPLE that he got down on one knee under a fireworks-filled sky while on board a private yacht at Disney World in Orlando on July 16.
On the choosing of the proposal venue, the 25-year-old explained, "Jonna is a Disney freak." He went on to recall the moment he popped the question, "They were playing love songs on the boat and I got down on my knee and asked her. I had a speech prepared but it all went out the window so I just asked her. She started crying and I said, 'Is that a yes?' "
Lee first met 26-year-old Jonna in October 2010 while shooting a music video for his first single "Sweet Serendipity". He spilled, "We were casting and I saw her and said, 'Let's go with her.' I thought she was cute. We hung out and we went to a Lakers game on our first date. She's a Lakers fan and I'm a Chicago Bulls fan and we just clicked out of the gate."
While he and Jonna have only been dating for eight months, the "Beautiful Like You" singer said he had no hesitation. "When you know, you know," he insisted. "We both feel that way. We don't need to be together 20 years before we figure it out." The newly-engaged couple are planning to tie the knot in the fall of 2012.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio