First Look at Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson in 'Hunger Games'
Two months after the first look at Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games" was revealed, a new picture from the movie which shows how two devoted men behind the heroine will look like has landed online. Coming out via Entertainment Weekly, the image features Gale and Peeta standing next to each other in the same forest Katniss was in the previous photo.
21-year-old Liam Hemsworth plays Gale, Katniss' childhood confidante who lives in the same coal-mining District 12. Portraying a guy from the poorest part of the town, the Aussie actor looks a bit slender in the picture. Meanwhile, Josh Hutcherson who plays Peeta, a baker's son who is better fed than most people in the district, looks more decent.
Josh changed his hair color to portray Peeta just like what Jennifer Lawrence did after being tapped to take on the role of Katniss. While 20-year-old Jennifer turned from a blonde to a brunette, Josh does the opposite. The 18-year-old actor ditched his ebony hair for blonde roots.
In its interview with the magazine, Josh chose to respond to fans' concern about the height difference between him and Jennifer instead of talking about their new hair color. "Jennifer's not two feet taller than me!" he said with laugh. "If anything, maybe she's a half inch taller."
Meanwhile, director Gary Ross discussed about Liam's casting, assuring fans that they will see him more than just a heartthrob. "On first glance he's such a hunk that it's easy to just sort of ascribe a hunk-like simplicity to him," he said. "But this is a phenomenally subtle actor."
An adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy novel of the same title, "The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place. It's scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie