Rumor of New Quartet for 'Sex and the City' Prequel Debunked
Recently, there have been rumors that "Sex and the City" prequel is on the way, with Blake Lively, Emma Roberts, Elizabeth Olsen and Selena Gomez lining up in the cast ensemble. However, the story has been debunked by representatives for the four actresses.
To Gossip Cop, representatives for Lively, Roberts and Olsen say there is "no truth" to the report. Meanwhile, Gomez's spokesperson brands it nothing more than a "rumor."
Coming out with report of the new quartet for the possible third "SATC" film was Daily Mail. The site said that the four young actresses are "current preferences" for the lead roles, with Lively portraying Samantha Jones, Roberts starring as Miranda Hobbes, Olsen playing Carrie Bradshaw, and Gomez taking on Charlotte York.
The possible project will be based on Candace Bushnell's novels, "The Carrie Diaries" and "Summer and the City", which are published this year. It is going to highlight the teenage years and early twenties lives of the famous female quartet.
Meanwhile, fans of the Michael Patrick King-directed film series might be hoping that Sarah Jessica Parker will reprise her role as Bradshaw and that the third film would pick up where "Sex and the City 2" left off. Parker herself has said that she is against the idea of "SATC" prequel.
"I don't think we can pretend to go back...It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw,' " she told L.A. Times. Still, she is open to make another "SATC" sequel, saying, "I'd definitely tell that [third] story, and I know Michael would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?"
The first "SATC" film was released in 2008. Adapted from HBO's hit series of the same title, the blue romantic comedy movie revolves around four women who deal with their lives as single ladies at 40s in New York City. The sequel, meanwhile, was premiered in 2010, with Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon reprising their roles as Bradshaw, Jones, York and Hobbes respectively.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army