Neil Patrick Harris Has No Plans to Marry Fiance
While he said he'd "sure love to get married" in a tweet just hours before New York has legalized gay marriage, Neil Patrick Harris has no plans to wed fiance David Burtka. The Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" came out with the confession when appearing on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" on Monday, July 25.
When the subject was brought up by host Andy Cohen, the 38-year-old actor said, "We have contemplated it here [in New York]. The problem is, if you say 'Yes, we're planning a wedding,' then it becomes a big, giant thing." He then stressed, "We're certainly not planning a wedding."
Though so, the actor who made cameo appearance on the "Harold & Kumar" series said he and his longtime partner were happy that hundreds of gay and lesbian couples tied the knot in New York on Sunday, July 24. "But we think it's amazing that eight hundred and some odd people got married yesterday," so he said.
Neil has been together with partner David since 2004. He had previously planned to marry David in California before Prop 8 was passed in 2008. After New York State passed the Marriage Equality Act on June 24, he revealed that he and David have been engaged for five years. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date," he added.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up