Neil Patrick Harris Has No Plans to Marry Fiance
While he said he'd "sure love to get married" in a tweet just hours before New York has legalized gay marriage, Neil Patrick Harris has no plans to wed fiance David Burtka. The Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" came out with the confession when appearing on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" on Monday, July 25.
When the subject was brought up by host Andy Cohen, the 38-year-old actor said, "We have contemplated it here [in New York]. The problem is, if you say 'Yes, we're planning a wedding,' then it becomes a big, giant thing." He then stressed, "We're certainly not planning a wedding."
Though so, the actor who made cameo appearance on the "Harold & Kumar" series said he and his longtime partner were happy that hundreds of gay and lesbian couples tied the knot in New York on Sunday, July 24. "But we think it's amazing that eight hundred and some odd people got married yesterday," so he said.
Neil has been together with partner David since 2004. He had previously planned to marry David in California before Prop 8 was passed in 2008. After New York State passed the Marriage Equality Act on June 24, he revealed that he and David have been engaged for five years. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date," he added.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton