Neil Patrick Harris Has No Plans to Marry Fiance
While he said he'd "sure love to get married" in a tweet just hours before New York has legalized gay marriage, Neil Patrick Harris has no plans to wed fiance David Burtka. The Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" came out with the confession when appearing on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" on Monday, July 25.
When the subject was brought up by host Andy Cohen, the 38-year-old actor said, "We have contemplated it here [in New York]. The problem is, if you say 'Yes, we're planning a wedding,' then it becomes a big, giant thing." He then stressed, "We're certainly not planning a wedding."
Though so, the actor who made cameo appearance on the "Harold & Kumar" series said he and his longtime partner were happy that hundreds of gay and lesbian couples tied the knot in New York on Sunday, July 24. "But we think it's amazing that eight hundred and some odd people got married yesterday," so he said.
Neil has been together with partner David since 2004. He had previously planned to marry David in California before Prop 8 was passed in 2008. After New York State passed the Marriage Equality Act on June 24, he revealed that he and David have been engaged for five years. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date," he added.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle