Report: Emma Stone Asked by Ryan Gosling to Join 'Gangster Squad'
Emma Stone might land a role in "Gangster Squad". The actress, who plays opposite Ryan Gosling in soon-to-be-released romcom "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", reportedly got along so well with him that he offered her to reunite with him in the crime movie.
"From your lips to God's ears! But I don't think anything is official yet," director Ruben Fleischer said of the rumor when being asked by Celebuzz at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. When talking about the progress of the movie, he said, "We are in pre-production."
"Gangstar Squad" is set in a chaotic and corrupt Los Angeles where gangsters are brazenly engaged in shootouts and drive-by shootings. To keep East Coast Mafia out of the city, LAPD formed an anti squad. Sean Penn, Josh Brolin and Michael Pena are confirmed to join Gosling in the cast ensemble.
While moviegoers have to wait at least until 2012 to see the gangster movie in theaters, it won't be long for them to watch Gosling in his romantic comedy. The movie about the "Blue Valentine" actor dealing with marriage problems will arrive in the U.S. on July 29.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says