Report: Emma Stone Asked by Ryan Gosling to Join 'Gangster Squad'
Emma Stone might land a role in "Gangster Squad". The actress, who plays opposite Ryan Gosling in soon-to-be-released romcom "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", reportedly got along so well with him that he offered her to reunite with him in the crime movie.
"From your lips to God's ears! But I don't think anything is official yet," director Ruben Fleischer said of the rumor when being asked by Celebuzz at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. When talking about the progress of the movie, he said, "We are in pre-production."
"Gangstar Squad" is set in a chaotic and corrupt Los Angeles where gangsters are brazenly engaged in shootouts and drive-by shootings. To keep East Coast Mafia out of the city, LAPD formed an anti squad. Sean Penn, Josh Brolin and Michael Pena are confirmed to join Gosling in the cast ensemble.
While moviegoers have to wait at least until 2012 to see the gangster movie in theaters, it won't be long for them to watch Gosling in his romantic comedy. The movie about the "Blue Valentine" actor dealing with marriage problems will arrive in the U.S. on July 29.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group