Report: Emma Stone Asked by Ryan Gosling to Join 'Gangster Squad'
Emma Stone might land a role in "Gangster Squad". The actress, who plays opposite Ryan Gosling in soon-to-be-released romcom "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", reportedly got along so well with him that he offered her to reunite with him in the crime movie.
"From your lips to God's ears! But I don't think anything is official yet," director Ruben Fleischer said of the rumor when being asked by Celebuzz at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. When talking about the progress of the movie, he said, "We are in pre-production."
"Gangstar Squad" is set in a chaotic and corrupt Los Angeles where gangsters are brazenly engaged in shootouts and drive-by shootings. To keep East Coast Mafia out of the city, LAPD formed an anti squad. Sean Penn, Josh Brolin and Michael Pena are confirmed to join Gosling in the cast ensemble.
While moviegoers have to wait at least until 2012 to see the gangster movie in theaters, it won't be long for them to watch Gosling in his romantic comedy. The movie about the "Blue Valentine" actor dealing with marriage problems will arrive in the U.S. on July 29.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna