James Franco Returns to 'General Hospital' for 'Longterm' Story
James Franco is set to be back on "General Hospital" again. The "Your Highness" actor will reprise his role as performance artist and serial killer Robert "Franco" Frank starting September 20, and this time it will not be a short one since his story arc is described as "longterm".
James' character, who has a crush on hit man Jason Morgan (Steve Burton), returns to the show right when Jason is set to tie the knot with Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco). While it is not clear whether Franco will crash the wedding, a rep for the shows tells TV Guide that it will be his "most twisted plan yet" with Maxie (Kirsten Storms), Carly (Laura Wright) and her baby Josslyn involved in it.
James first appeared on "GH" in 2009 and was last seen on the soap for a two-day cameo in February this year, just in time with his Oscar hosting gig. The 33-year-old actor/filmmaker, who was nominated for Best Actor at this year's Academy Awards through his role in "127 Hours", will soon grace movie theaters with "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" in addition to being set to appear on Broadway this fall in a revival of Tennessee Williams' "Sweet Bird of Youth".
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC