Gwyneth Paltrow Caught in Steven Spielberg's Trouble With Italian Coastguards
Gwyneth Paltrow has found herself getting tied in with an incident in Italy. Director Steven Spielberg got into a trouble with Italian coastguards recently after his speedboat came too close to the coast, and the Pepper Potts of the "Iron Man" film series allegedly was on board when the incident happened.
Daily Mail reported that Steven angered sunbathers at a beach in Sardinia when his 280ft-long super-yacht, Seven Seas, breached maritime regulations. They were quick to call police and coastguards, who slapped the director of "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" with a 172 Euro fine.
On the incident, coastguard Vincenzo Petrella recalled, "When we arrived at the scene there was a bearded gentleman signing autographs for people on the beach - we had been called by holidaymakers because the tender was so close to the shore."
"I recognized him instantly and he came up to me and said 'I'm Steven Spielberg. How can I help ?' I told him that regulations forbid tenders coming within 300 meters of the shore," the coastguard went on to share. "I said that I had no other option but to fine him."
"He was very apologetic and even offered to pay there and then but I explained I could not take any money from him and it had to be paid via a post office account. He took the paperwork and the next day a fax arrived at our office confirming that the fine had been paid."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo