Gwyneth Paltrow Caught in Steven Spielberg's Trouble With Italian Coastguards
Gwyneth Paltrow has found herself getting tied in with an incident in Italy. Director Steven Spielberg got into a trouble with Italian coastguards recently after his speedboat came too close to the coast, and the Pepper Potts of the "Iron Man" film series allegedly was on board when the incident happened.
Daily Mail reported that Steven angered sunbathers at a beach in Sardinia when his 280ft-long super-yacht, Seven Seas, breached maritime regulations. They were quick to call police and coastguards, who slapped the director of "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" with a 172 Euro fine.
On the incident, coastguard Vincenzo Petrella recalled, "When we arrived at the scene there was a bearded gentleman signing autographs for people on the beach - we had been called by holidaymakers because the tender was so close to the shore."
"I recognized him instantly and he came up to me and said 'I'm Steven Spielberg. How can I help ?' I told him that regulations forbid tenders coming within 300 meters of the shore," the coastguard went on to share. "I said that I had no other option but to fine him."
"He was very apologetic and even offered to pay there and then but I explained I could not take any money from him and it had to be paid via a post office account. He took the paperwork and the next day a fax arrived at our office confirming that the fine had been paid."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'