Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Denying Spousal Support in Revised Divorce Papers
Arnold Schwarzenegger won't deny Maria Shriver spousal support after all. The former California governor has, on Monday, July 25, submitted revised divorce documents that remove his original request to terminate the court's jurisdiction to award his estranged wife financial support.
Days earlier on July 20, Arnold filed his response to Maria's divorce petition. In the papers, he asks a judge to deny her from any right to get spousal support and refuses to pay her attorney fees. According to TMZ, the 63-year-old signed the legal response without reading it first and didn't know that his lawyer moved to block both of his estranged wife's requests.
Meanwhile, Scott Weston, a family law attorney who is not involved in the divorce case, told PEOPLE that Arnold's original papers was "standard practice." He explained, "He would have checked the box to give the court the right to end his spousal support obligation should Shriver at some point have enough money to support herself."
Scott stressed, "It's a matter of reserving that right for the future." On why Arnold made the revision afterward, the Los Angeles lawyer said, "He's taking a lot of heat for having done it, as if he was intending to cut her off, which was not the case."
Arnold's revision came after his youngest son with Maria got into a boogie board accident. 13-year-old Christopher reportedly suffered multiple broken bones and a collapsed lung following the July 17 mishap. In a joint statement, the former couple said, "He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery."
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick