New Adaptation of 'The Nutcracker' Picked Up by Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has acquired a pitch for upcoming movie "The Nutcracker". The studio has Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") to produce the new take on the classic tale.
The upcoming film will revolve around a 12-year old girl who receives a Nutcracker toy as her Christmas gift. Her adventure begins when the toy comes alive and a war erupts between him and Mouse King. Together, they now have to defeat the seven-headed king and his army of mice.
This big screen project will be made into a live-action adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No cast and release date have been announced. John Mann and Jon Gunn reportedly have been booked to sit behind the lens.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC