New Adaptation of 'The Nutcracker' Picked Up by Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has acquired a pitch for upcoming movie "The Nutcracker". The studio has Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") to produce the new take on the classic tale.
The upcoming film will revolve around a 12-year old girl who receives a Nutcracker toy as her Christmas gift. Her adventure begins when the toy comes alive and a war erupts between him and Mouse King. Together, they now have to defeat the seven-headed king and his army of mice.
This big screen project will be made into a live-action adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No cast and release date have been announced. John Mann and Jon Gunn reportedly have been booked to sit behind the lens.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?