New Adaptation of 'The Nutcracker' Picked Up by Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has acquired a pitch for upcoming movie "The Nutcracker". The studio has Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") to produce the new take on the classic tale.
The upcoming film will revolve around a 12-year old girl who receives a Nutcracker toy as her Christmas gift. Her adventure begins when the toy comes alive and a war erupts between him and Mouse King. Together, they now have to defeat the seven-headed king and his army of mice.
This big screen project will be made into a live-action adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No cast and release date have been announced. John Mann and Jon Gunn reportedly have been booked to sit behind the lens.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture