New Adaptation of 'The Nutcracker' Picked Up by Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has acquired a pitch for upcoming movie "The Nutcracker". The studio has Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") to produce the new take on the classic tale.
The upcoming film will revolve around a 12-year old girl who receives a Nutcracker toy as her Christmas gift. Her adventure begins when the toy comes alive and a war erupts between him and Mouse King. Together, they now have to defeat the seven-headed king and his army of mice.
This big screen project will be made into a live-action adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No cast and release date have been announced. John Mann and Jon Gunn reportedly have been booked to sit behind the lens.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens