New Adaptation of 'The Nutcracker' Picked Up by Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has acquired a pitch for upcoming movie "The Nutcracker". The studio has Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") to produce the new take on the classic tale.
The upcoming film will revolve around a 12-year old girl who receives a Nutcracker toy as her Christmas gift. Her adventure begins when the toy comes alive and a war erupts between him and Mouse King. Together, they now have to defeat the seven-headed king and his army of mice.
This big screen project will be made into a live-action adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No cast and release date have been announced. John Mann and Jon Gunn reportedly have been booked to sit behind the lens.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt