Amy Winehouse's Funeral Set for July 26, Ex-Husband Left Out of Will
Amy Winehouse will be laid to rest three days after she was found dead inside her home last Saturday, July 23. A family spokesman told reporters that the funeral service for the "Rehab" singer will be held on Tuesday, July 26. It will be a private affair for family and close friends only.
Per Jewish tradition, Amy should have been buried within 24 hours of her passing. Her funeral, however, has to be pushed back to Tuesday because the autopsy wasn't conducted until Monday. The rep didn't share details about the funeral's location or time, but Daily Mail reported that a service will be held at a North London cemetery before Amy is cremated in Golders Green.
The British tabloid also reported that Amy's incarcerated ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was left out of her will to make sure he would not get a penny from her fortune after their divorce in 2009. A friend said, "Around the time of the divorce, all of Amy's finances were sorted out - and Blake can't get his hands on any of it."
The so-called pal added, "I am pretty sure that Amy does have a will. As a matter of course with record contracts, financial advisers will make sure that is done." Meanwhile, Blake's mother Georgette responded, "He's devastated and profiting from Amy's death would be the last thing on his mind."
On Monday, the result of Amy's autopsy came out as "inconclusive". A police statement read, "It did not establish a formal cause of death and we await the results of further toxicology tests." In the meantime, it was reported that family wanted to believe the singer's death was caused by either a heart attack or a fatal seizure.
"Amy's family are expecting the outcome to be a heart attack or seizure and will be really shocked if it's not," a source told The Sun. "They staunchly believe it had nothing at all to do with recent drug binges. In the end it was her booze addiction that killed her. She had had a number of seizures in the past six months due to the amount she was drinking."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story