Jay Cutler's Alleged Controlling Behavior Blamed for Kristin Cavallari Split
There won't be a wedding for Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler. Speculations over what may have caused the couple to call off their engagement have surfaced soon after news of the break-up made media headlines. One of them suggested that Jay was too controlling in his relationship with Kristin.
"Jay Cutler was beyond controlling and didn't really like Kristin to go out," a friend of Kristin spilled as quoted by PEOPLE. "When she did go out, he called all the time and demanded to know exactly where she was going and who she was with. He made her choose between him and being friends with a lot of her girlfriends. I'm not surprised it didn't last."
Another rumor going around suggested that Kristin partly blamed her family for the split. A source told Radar Online, "Jay comes from a really good, wholesome family, and Kristin is a reality TV star who comes from a broken home. His family also wasn't overly fond of Kristin's dad and they played a part in having Jay re-think taking the leap with Kristin."
While Kristin kept her message over the break-up short, ex-fiance Jay gave a warning to anyone speaking ill of her. In a statement he posted on his Facebook page on Monday, July 25, the NFL star wrote, "Thank you all for the support, but if you talk bad about Kristin I will delete and block you."
The Chicago Bears quarterback continued, "It's unnecessary [sic] and heartless. Also, don't say now I can play football, I could play football when I had her compared to when I don't. Football is the least of my worries, so have some respect."
Kristin and Jay have been together for 8 months when the NFL star proposed to her during a vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in April. On Monday, July 25, a day after calling of the engagement, the former star of "The Hills" was spotted walking her dog in Los Angeles without her engagement ring.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'