Jay Cutler's Alleged Controlling Behavior Blamed for Kristin Cavallari Split
There won't be a wedding for Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler. Speculations over what may have caused the couple to call off their engagement have surfaced soon after news of the break-up made media headlines. One of them suggested that Jay was too controlling in his relationship with Kristin.
"Jay Cutler was beyond controlling and didn't really like Kristin to go out," a friend of Kristin spilled as quoted by PEOPLE. "When she did go out, he called all the time and demanded to know exactly where she was going and who she was with. He made her choose between him and being friends with a lot of her girlfriends. I'm not surprised it didn't last."
Another rumor going around suggested that Kristin partly blamed her family for the split. A source told Radar Online, "Jay comes from a really good, wholesome family, and Kristin is a reality TV star who comes from a broken home. His family also wasn't overly fond of Kristin's dad and they played a part in having Jay re-think taking the leap with Kristin."
While Kristin kept her message over the break-up short, ex-fiance Jay gave a warning to anyone speaking ill of her. In a statement he posted on his Facebook page on Monday, July 25, the NFL star wrote, "Thank you all for the support, but if you talk bad about Kristin I will delete and block you."
The Chicago Bears quarterback continued, "It's unnecessary [sic] and heartless. Also, don't say now I can play football, I could play football when I had her compared to when I don't. Football is the least of my worries, so have some respect."
Kristin and Jay have been together for 8 months when the NFL star proposed to her during a vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in April. On Monday, July 25, a day after calling of the engagement, the former star of "The Hills" was spotted walking her dog in Los Angeles without her engagement ring.
More Kristin Cavallari News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!