Three More New Clips From 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Unleashed
20th Century Fox has unleashed three new clips from "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". All three videos give a closer look at the scenes where Caesar and his army of apes launch their attack on San Francisco with one of the clips previewing the moment the apes break out from their cages.
Two other clips offer sneak peeks at the apes' organized invasion. The one titled "San Francisco Rampage" sees the apes attacking the police and destroying their cars, while the other one called "Mounted Attack" displays the apes flocking the Golden Gate Bridge and assaulting mounted police before James Francos's Will Rodman calls out Caesar's name.
When Fox brought the film to a panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con last Thursday, July 21, Andy Serkis explained why he takes on Caesar, who is developed through a mix of CGI and performance capture. He shared, "People said to me, 'Why are you choosing another ape character, why are you playing another monkey?' "
The actor known for his work in "King Kong" and "Lords of the Ring" went on to explain, "With Kong, he was a huge technical challenge, because he was a 25-foot gorilla. Gollum's a three-and-a-half foot ring junkie. With Caesar, I actually believe it was even more of a formidable challenge."
Serving as a prequel to 1968's film "Planet of the Apes", "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" focuses on Caesar, a chimp who is raised by Will Rodman and becomes an experiment object for Alzheimer research. The experiment genetically improves Caesar's intelligence, but leads him to start a revolution that escalates into a war between humans and apes.
Directed by Rupert Wyatt, this highly anticipated sci-fi movie also has Freida Pinto, Tom Felton, and John Lithgow in the cast ensemble. It is scheduled to arrive in theaters across the United States on August 5.
Sorry, the "San Francisco Rampage" and "Mounted Attack" clips have been removed as requested by The 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo