Report: 'Dancing with the Stars' Wants More 'High Profile' Celebs
There may be no room for "D-listers" in upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars". According to TMZ, producers are in the hunt for more "high profile" stars after casting the likes of The Situation, Kate Gosselin, Audrina Patridge, Jake Pavelka and Holly Madison in the past seasons.
To get A-listers, compromise is reportedly made with some of the rules. The producers allegedly offer high profile celebs complete control over their rehearsal schedule, which means they can practice as much or as little as they want. Moreover, they may have final say on music selections and costume design.
So far, those who have been rumored to join season 13 of the reality show are Regis Philbin, Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina, Christina Milian, Snooki of "Jersey Shore", Khloe Kardashian and her brother Rob, Shaquille O'Neal, Ashley Hebert of "The Bachelorette", Donnie Wahlberg, Nick Jonas, Queen Latifah and Melissa Gilbert. While most of the stars in this list are not A-listers, it is possible that the change will be effective in season 14.
The new season of "Dancing with the Stars" will premiere Monday, September 19 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Pro dancers who are expected to return are Derek Hough, Chelsie Hightower and Kym Johnson.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels