Report: 'Dancing with the Stars' Wants More 'High Profile' Celebs
There may be no room for "D-listers" in upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars". According to TMZ, producers are in the hunt for more "high profile" stars after casting the likes of The Situation, Kate Gosselin, Audrina Patridge, Jake Pavelka and Holly Madison in the past seasons.
To get A-listers, compromise is reportedly made with some of the rules. The producers allegedly offer high profile celebs complete control over their rehearsal schedule, which means they can practice as much or as little as they want. Moreover, they may have final say on music selections and costume design.
So far, those who have been rumored to join season 13 of the reality show are Regis Philbin, Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina, Christina Milian, Snooki of "Jersey Shore", Khloe Kardashian and her brother Rob, Shaquille O'Neal, Ashley Hebert of "The Bachelorette", Donnie Wahlberg, Nick Jonas, Queen Latifah and Melissa Gilbert. While most of the stars in this list are not A-listers, it is possible that the change will be effective in season 14.
The new season of "Dancing with the Stars" will premiere Monday, September 19 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Pro dancers who are expected to return are Derek Hough, Chelsie Hightower and Kym Johnson.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant