Artist of the Week: Kelly Rowland
Four years after her solo sophomore set "Ms. Kelly", Grammy-winning artist Kelly Rowland is ready to be back in the game. The former Destiny's Child member is gearing up to release her third upcoming studio album "Here I Am". She is going to drop the effort across the United States on July 26.
The album is preceded by two singles "Commander" and "Motivation" which had solid chart performances. Coming from production hands of top notch DJ David Guetta, the former ruled Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs. Meanwhile, the latter which features rap mogul Lil Wayne reigned R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
The "Motivation" success, however, failed to impress producer Jeff Bhasker. The musician trashed the single on his Twitter, "How can this kr song with the weakest beat and melody of all time be the #1 song on urban!? Oh yeah. Wayne. I just listened to Motivation again to see if I was to (sic) harsh in my critique. I wasn't. The lyrics are horrid as well."
In response to the criticism, Kelly said, "You know what, the record speaks for itself." She continued, "Opinions are like **sholes, everybody's got one. He's made wonderful music with my sister [Beyonce Knowles] and other artists. There's no reason for me to say anything negative. 'Cause I won't tell you the thought that is really in my head. I'll just kill 'em with kindness."
Unaffected by the critique, the 30-year-old R&B singer is currently preparing to hit the road for album promo. Rumor has it, she is going to do a series of live concerts with none other than Chris Brown.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik