Comic-Con 2011: First Look of Kristen Stewart as Tough Snow White
Movie lovers have recently seen Lily Collins as the titular character in "Snow White" and they would agree that the other movie about the Disney princess is totally the opposite. "Snow White and the Huntsman" did a presentation at the San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 23 and among those shared are the first look of the main characters.
Instead of dressed in the trademark blue and yellow gown, Kristen Stewart's Snow White is hidden inside heavy armor. "It makes you feel kind of strong occasionally, sometimes. You kind of feel tiny. My tiny bobblehead...my pinhead kind of sticks out of this thing," Stewart said of the costume designed by Oscar winner Colleen Atwood.
Also debuted is Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen who is wrapped in shiny black high-collared dress. Theron joked during the panel, "That's not my collar, that's actually part of my head." Chris Hemsworth plays the Huntsman and it took four days of "drinking" to get the scruffy look. Meanwhile, Sam Claflin is the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty. His character wears the typical armor for a prince, complete with the sword.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" will start filming next week in London with Rupert Sanders directing and Joe Roth producing. Marking a difference between their version and Relativity's, Roth said, "From the pictures, the other looks like a softer version." Both films will be released next year and three months apart.
Sanders announced at the panel that there will be eight, not seven dwarfs like in the original story. While explaining why, Sanders dropped a major spoiler. "There are a few great lines when one of them gets killed," the director revealed and got scolded by Theron. "I knew I would get something wrong," Sanders then said.
Speaking more of the dwarfs, he said, "They are very tough East End villains in their day jobs, but they're coming together to be a group of very tough East End dwarfs. This is my desperation to make a war movie. I've cast my British SAS squad with these great actors, who are very funny, very tough, and together are quite unstoppable."
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure