Comic-Con 2011: First Look of Kristen Stewart as Tough Snow White
Movie lovers have recently seen Lily Collins as the titular character in "Snow White" and they would agree that the other movie about the Disney princess is totally the opposite. "Snow White and the Huntsman" did a presentation at the San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 23 and among those shared are the first look of the main characters.
Instead of dressed in the trademark blue and yellow gown, Kristen Stewart's Snow White is hidden inside heavy armor. "It makes you feel kind of strong occasionally, sometimes. You kind of feel tiny. My tiny bobblehead...my pinhead kind of sticks out of this thing," Stewart said of the costume designed by Oscar winner Colleen Atwood.
Also debuted is Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen who is wrapped in shiny black high-collared dress. Theron joked during the panel, "That's not my collar, that's actually part of my head." Chris Hemsworth plays the Huntsman and it took four days of "drinking" to get the scruffy look. Meanwhile, Sam Claflin is the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty. His character wears the typical armor for a prince, complete with the sword.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" will start filming next week in London with Rupert Sanders directing and Joe Roth producing. Marking a difference between their version and Relativity's, Roth said, "From the pictures, the other looks like a softer version." Both films will be released next year and three months apart.
Sanders announced at the panel that there will be eight, not seven dwarfs like in the original story. While explaining why, Sanders dropped a major spoiler. "There are a few great lines when one of them gets killed," the director revealed and got scolded by Theron. "I knew I would get something wrong," Sanders then said.
Speaking more of the dwarfs, he said, "They are very tough East End villains in their day jobs, but they're coming together to be a group of very tough East End dwarfs. This is my desperation to make a war movie. I've cast my British SAS squad with these great actors, who are very funny, very tough, and together are quite unstoppable."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift