Drake Details His New Album 'Take Care' and Previews Some Songs
Drake is getting ready to release his upcoming sophomore set "Take Care". Talking about the album to Rolling Stone recently, he said he is going to pour his emotions into it. The taste of what to expect from the album has been given in a form of two gloomy songs "Marvin's Room" and "Trust Issues".
However, 24-year-old Drizzy doesn't want people "to just hear a piece and judge the album on that." In the interview for the magazine's latest issue, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker reasoned, "With this album, I want to tell a whole story." He additionally said, "I hate singles."
In delving deeper into his emotions, he refused to let the success of his first album "Thank Me Later" get to his head. "In no way am I not proud of it," he stated, "but I think I got caught up in making it seem big and first-album-ish. I was a bit numb, a bit disconnected from myself. I wasn't able to slow down and realize what was going on around me."
The Grammy-nominated MC recorded his new materials in low-key sessions in his longtime producer Noah "40" Shebib's studio. "This is home," he gushed. "If I'm in a big expensive studio, it starts messing with my head about what kind of music I should be making."
Some of the songs which were previewed included Rick Ross-featured song "Free Spirit", Lil Wayne-assisted track "The Real Her", and Shebib-produced tune "Shot for Me". The "Real Her" is described by the publication as "a narcotically woozy love song with detuned pianos," while the "Shot for Me" is "a marvel of melancholy bravado" with aching synthesizer notes.
The album will be released across the United States on October 24.
More Drake News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie