Drake Details His New Album 'Take Care' and Previews Some Songs
Drake is getting ready to release his upcoming sophomore set "Take Care". Talking about the album to Rolling Stone recently, he said he is going to pour his emotions into it. The taste of what to expect from the album has been given in a form of two gloomy songs "Marvin's Room" and "Trust Issues".
However, 24-year-old Drizzy doesn't want people "to just hear a piece and judge the album on that." In the interview for the magazine's latest issue, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker reasoned, "With this album, I want to tell a whole story." He additionally said, "I hate singles."
In delving deeper into his emotions, he refused to let the success of his first album "Thank Me Later" get to his head. "In no way am I not proud of it," he stated, "but I think I got caught up in making it seem big and first-album-ish. I was a bit numb, a bit disconnected from myself. I wasn't able to slow down and realize what was going on around me."
The Grammy-nominated MC recorded his new materials in low-key sessions in his longtime producer Noah "40" Shebib's studio. "This is home," he gushed. "If I'm in a big expensive studio, it starts messing with my head about what kind of music I should be making."
Some of the songs which were previewed included Rick Ross-featured song "Free Spirit", Lil Wayne-assisted track "The Real Her", and Shebib-produced tune "Shot for Me". The "Real Her" is described by the publication as "a narcotically woozy love song with detuned pianos," while the "Shot for Me" is "a marvel of melancholy bravado" with aching synthesizer notes.
The album will be released across the United States on October 24.
More Drake News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera