Vanilla Ice Insists He's Not Bad-Mouthing Justin Bieber
Vanilla Ice is offering clarification to his previous remarks that Justin Bieber will be forgotten. Speaking to the Huffington Post, the "Ice Ice Baby" rapper denied that he is bad-mouthing the "Baby" hitmaker. "That's just not true," he insisted. "I'm friends with him and I've hung out with him. I know his parents, they're very nice."
"I don't think he's going to be forgotten. I don't think he's going to be forgotten at all," the 43-year-old, whose real name is Rob Van Winkle, stated. "In fact, I think he'll be remembered forever. I wish him all the best. I don't know how it all got so twisted around. I think he's talented."
"What you guys might have picked up on is that I was giving him advice - when you're a child star, it's hard to figure out your purpose in life. Not just with me, but if you follow other child stars, like Britney Spears, who's now doing great. There's a transitional period after such tremendous success that you have to figure out your life. There's a real life after all this entertainment."
At the end of his statement, the MC stressed, "I wasn't trying to say anything bad about anybody. I never bad-mouth him at all. It's been twisted into something bad, and once that's out there it takes on a life of its own. I don't have any reason to hate anybody; I believe in good karma and spreading good energy."
In an earlier interview, Vanilla Ice told the Huffington Post, "So my prediction about Bieber is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years because he's had such success as a child act. You know, then something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten and he can try to put all the pieces back together, so it's going to be entertaining to watch."
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape