Vanilla Ice Insists He's Not Bad-Mouthing Justin Bieber
Vanilla Ice is offering clarification to his previous remarks that Justin Bieber will be forgotten. Speaking to the Huffington Post, the "Ice Ice Baby" rapper denied that he is bad-mouthing the "Baby" hitmaker. "That's just not true," he insisted. "I'm friends with him and I've hung out with him. I know his parents, they're very nice."
"I don't think he's going to be forgotten. I don't think he's going to be forgotten at all," the 43-year-old, whose real name is Rob Van Winkle, stated. "In fact, I think he'll be remembered forever. I wish him all the best. I don't know how it all got so twisted around. I think he's talented."
"What you guys might have picked up on is that I was giving him advice - when you're a child star, it's hard to figure out your purpose in life. Not just with me, but if you follow other child stars, like Britney Spears, who's now doing great. There's a transitional period after such tremendous success that you have to figure out your life. There's a real life after all this entertainment."
At the end of his statement, the MC stressed, "I wasn't trying to say anything bad about anybody. I never bad-mouth him at all. It's been twisted into something bad, and once that's out there it takes on a life of its own. I don't have any reason to hate anybody; I believe in good karma and spreading good energy."
In an earlier interview, Vanilla Ice told the Huffington Post, "So my prediction about Bieber is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years because he's had such success as a child act. You know, then something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten and he can try to put all the pieces back together, so it's going to be entertaining to watch."
More Vanilla Ice News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic