Vanilla Ice Insists He's Not Bad-Mouthing Justin Bieber
Vanilla Ice is offering clarification to his previous remarks that Justin Bieber will be forgotten. Speaking to the Huffington Post, the "Ice Ice Baby" rapper denied that he is bad-mouthing the "Baby" hitmaker. "That's just not true," he insisted. "I'm friends with him and I've hung out with him. I know his parents, they're very nice."
"I don't think he's going to be forgotten. I don't think he's going to be forgotten at all," the 43-year-old, whose real name is Rob Van Winkle, stated. "In fact, I think he'll be remembered forever. I wish him all the best. I don't know how it all got so twisted around. I think he's talented."
"What you guys might have picked up on is that I was giving him advice - when you're a child star, it's hard to figure out your purpose in life. Not just with me, but if you follow other child stars, like Britney Spears, who's now doing great. There's a transitional period after such tremendous success that you have to figure out your life. There's a real life after all this entertainment."
At the end of his statement, the MC stressed, "I wasn't trying to say anything bad about anybody. I never bad-mouth him at all. It's been twisted into something bad, and once that's out there it takes on a life of its own. I don't have any reason to hate anybody; I believe in good karma and spreading good energy."
In an earlier interview, Vanilla Ice told the Huffington Post, "So my prediction about Bieber is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years because he's had such success as a child act. You know, then something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten and he can try to put all the pieces back together, so it's going to be entertaining to watch."
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video