Leighton Meester Slaps Mother With Lawsuit for Stealing Money
Leighton Meester is embroiled in a lawsuit drama with her mother. The Blair Waldorf of The CW's "Gossip Girl" has filed a lawsuit against Constance Meester, alleging that the older Meester has misused the $7,500 she sent each month for younger brother Lex's severe medical issues.
In the suit, obtained by TMZ, the 25-year-old actress accused Constance of using the money for plastic surgery and other personal expenses, including Botox and hair extensions. She also noted that her unemployed mother claimed they had a verbal contract requiring her to pay her mother a monthly allowance of $10,000 for life.
Leighton additionally said that Constance threatened to file a $3 million lawsuit against her if she refused to do so. The "Monte Carlo" actress insisted in her suit that the claim of the contract is untrue and has asked a judge to rule that there is no such contract between her and her mother.
Back in February, Leighton's mother has been slapped with a restraining order after a woman named Laurel Wigg accused her of making death threats. In the legal documents filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, Lauren said that Constance has told her she would "hunt and kill" her and her son.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones