Leighton Meester Slaps Mother With Lawsuit for Stealing Money
Leighton Meester is embroiled in a lawsuit drama with her mother. The Blair Waldorf of The CW's "Gossip Girl" has filed a lawsuit against Constance Meester, alleging that the older Meester has misused the $7,500 she sent each month for younger brother Lex's severe medical issues.
In the suit, obtained by TMZ, the 25-year-old actress accused Constance of using the money for plastic surgery and other personal expenses, including Botox and hair extensions. She also noted that her unemployed mother claimed they had a verbal contract requiring her to pay her mother a monthly allowance of $10,000 for life.
Leighton additionally said that Constance threatened to file a $3 million lawsuit against her if she refused to do so. The "Monte Carlo" actress insisted in her suit that the claim of the contract is untrue and has asked a judge to rule that there is no such contract between her and her mother.
Back in February, Leighton's mother has been slapped with a restraining order after a woman named Laurel Wigg accused her of making death threats. In the legal documents filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, Lauren said that Constance has told her she would "hunt and kill" her and her son.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked