The Game Disses Jay-Z and Beyonce to Keep Boredom Away
The Game has spoken up in response to controversy surrounding his song "Uncle Otis" which goes after Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce Knowles. "Every now and then, s*** needs to be shaken up. Hip Hop is cool in the club, but in the daytime, we're f***in' bored. We need substance," the rapper said when talking to HipHopDX about the track.
"That's really no shot at nobody, that's really just my sentiments. During the day, we're goin' through our life and we don't have anything real to bump except our classics, which is [Notorious B.I.G.], Tupac [Shakur], [Dr.] Dre, Snoop [Dogg], the list goes on. Then at night, you can get your fix if you go to the club or you've got your radio on," he went on.
He revealed that the song was made in less than 24 hours. "I never heard the original 'Otis' until I drove up to the studio [last night]. I heard everybody bigging it up," he recalled. "On XM, I heard 'Otis' and was like, 'This s*** is pretty cool. I wanna rap on it for the mixtape."
When asked what if Jigga goes back at him, Game asnwered, "With Jay, I've been tryin' to coax him into sayin' somethin' or doin' somethin'. But he's smart, and I don't think he'll jump out the window like that. Plus, I'm prepared for it."
He added, "With his age and where he's at with his career, he might be too reserved to entertain [a challenge], and I respect that." Finally, he declared, "I just did a single to a mixtape to promote my album. It's business; it ain't personal."
In "Uncle Otis", The Game took aim at Marc Anthony in addition to dissing Jay-Z and Beyonce. He also name-checked the likes of Kanye West, Tyler, the Creator, Wiz Khalifa and Kelly Rowland.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts