SDCC 2011: Robert Rodriguez Talks 'Sin City' and 'Machete' Sequels
On the first day of 2011 San Diego Comic Con, Robert Rodriguez announced that there will be sequels to "Sin City" and "Machete". The filmmaker held a panel on Thursday, July 21 to talk about the upcoming projects under his Quick Draw Productions.
In front of 6,500 fans who have gathered at Hall H inside the San Diego Convention Center, Rodriguez revealed the "top-secret project" which was teased inside the convention's Thursday schedule. He thanked fans for their enthusiasm of "Machete" which makes it possible for them to produce two more films, one of which would take place in space.
Rodriguez said that the "Machete" sequel has been greenlit and would be called "Machete Kills" as written at the end of the first movie. If the second movie does well, then the third one would follow under the title "Machete Kills Again". The trailer of the third movie would be attached to the second one.
The director also dished out that "Sin City 2" script is still being worked on by Frank Miller, adding "It could shoot as early as later this year." The movie will feature two sets of story taking place in the Sin City universe, one being called "A Dame to Kill for" and the other "The Long Bad Night".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris