SDCC 2011: Robert Rodriguez Talks 'Sin City' and 'Machete' Sequels
On the first day of 2011 San Diego Comic Con, Robert Rodriguez announced that there will be sequels to "Sin City" and "Machete". The filmmaker held a panel on Thursday, July 21 to talk about the upcoming projects under his Quick Draw Productions.
In front of 6,500 fans who have gathered at Hall H inside the San Diego Convention Center, Rodriguez revealed the "top-secret project" which was teased inside the convention's Thursday schedule. He thanked fans for their enthusiasm of "Machete" which makes it possible for them to produce two more films, one of which would take place in space.
Rodriguez said that the "Machete" sequel has been greenlit and would be called "Machete Kills" as written at the end of the first movie. If the second movie does well, then the third one would follow under the title "Machete Kills Again". The trailer of the third movie would be attached to the second one.
The director also dished out that "Sin City 2" script is still being worked on by Frank Miller, adding "It could shoot as early as later this year." The movie will feature two sets of story taking place in the Sin City universe, one being called "A Dame to Kill for" and the other "The Long Bad Night".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video