SDCC 2011: Robert Rodriguez Talks 'Sin City' and 'Machete' Sequels
On the first day of 2011 San Diego Comic Con, Robert Rodriguez announced that there will be sequels to "Sin City" and "Machete". The filmmaker held a panel on Thursday, July 21 to talk about the upcoming projects under his Quick Draw Productions.
In front of 6,500 fans who have gathered at Hall H inside the San Diego Convention Center, Rodriguez revealed the "top-secret project" which was teased inside the convention's Thursday schedule. He thanked fans for their enthusiasm of "Machete" which makes it possible for them to produce two more films, one of which would take place in space.
Rodriguez said that the "Machete" sequel has been greenlit and would be called "Machete Kills" as written at the end of the first movie. If the second movie does well, then the third one would follow under the title "Machete Kills Again". The trailer of the third movie would be attached to the second one.
The director also dished out that "Sin City 2" script is still being worked on by Frank Miller, adding "It could shoot as early as later this year." The movie will feature two sets of story taking place in the Sin City universe, one being called "A Dame to Kill for" and the other "The Long Bad Night".
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'