SDCC 2011: Robert Rodriguez Talks 'Sin City' and 'Machete' Sequels
On the first day of 2011 San Diego Comic Con, Robert Rodriguez announced that there will be sequels to "Sin City" and "Machete". The filmmaker held a panel on Thursday, July 21 to talk about the upcoming projects under his Quick Draw Productions.
In front of 6,500 fans who have gathered at Hall H inside the San Diego Convention Center, Rodriguez revealed the "top-secret project" which was teased inside the convention's Thursday schedule. He thanked fans for their enthusiasm of "Machete" which makes it possible for them to produce two more films, one of which would take place in space.
Rodriguez said that the "Machete" sequel has been greenlit and would be called "Machete Kills" as written at the end of the first movie. If the second movie does well, then the third one would follow under the title "Machete Kills Again". The trailer of the third movie would be attached to the second one.
The director also dished out that "Sin City 2" script is still being worked on by Frank Miller, adding "It could shoot as early as later this year." The movie will feature two sets of story taking place in the Sin City universe, one being called "A Dame to Kill for" and the other "The Long Bad Night".
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video