SDCC 2011: 'Dexter' Season 6 Trailer Delves Deeper Into Spiritual Issue
A trailer for "Dexter" season 6 has made its way out at San Diego Comic Con. Featuring more sneak peek at how Dex grapples with the religious issue, it opens with the serial killer dealing with his next victim who has a Jesus tattoo on his upper body. The "evil" man tells Dexter that God forgives sins, but Dex is not buying it.
At the panel on Thursday, July 21, Michael C. Hall explained why his character is getting religious in the upcoming season. "His son is growing into a little boy and is only going to get older and in need of guidance," he said.
"Dexter feels ill-equipped to provide that, and as a result, is motivated to find ways to do that, including maybe giving him some sort of spiritual grounding, something Dexter has never really cared about, but recognizes his son might need."
Edward James Olmos and Mos Def will guest star as a renowned professor of religious history and an ex-con whose mission is to help reform other offenders respectively. They come across Dex's life in his search for faith.
Also landing role in the new season is Colin Hanks who teased, "If I may be so bold... you're going to see some stuff this season that you have not seen in previous seasons," but declined to give the details. Mos chimed in, "I could [tell you], but then Dexter will kill me."
"Dexter" will return with new episodes of Sunday, October 2 at 9/8c on Showtime, followed by the premiere of new series "Homeland" which stars Claire Danes. Also promoted at the Comic Con, the psychological thriller show has its new preview debuted during the convention as well.
"Dexter" season 6 trailer:
"Homeland" new sneak peek:
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'