First Look at Lily Collins as Beautiful Snow White
The first picture from Relativity Media's "Snow White" has been unleashed via Entertainment Weekly, showing Lily Collins as the titular character. Wearing a brightly colored dress, she is pictured having a skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair as black as ebony.
The daughter of singer Phil Collins described her character as "a joyful person who lights up a room and maintains grace at all times." She elaborated, "She's very much that fairy tale princess we've all read about in books. She's been modernized in a way that she becomes a fighter in the end."
Directed by "Immortals" helmer Tarsem Singh, the fantasy movie revolves around Snow White, a princess who is exiled from her kingdom after her father is killed by her evil stepmother. In order to reclaim her birthright, she bands together with a gang of seven quarrelsome dwarfs.
Things will get complicated when her prince charming is linked to the queen. "The queen wants to use him to better herself. I'm seeking his help to gain back my kingdom from the Queen," Lily said. "I go from seeking his help to falling in love, though obviously there's something of a spark from the beginning."
"Game of Thrones" actor Sean Bean will play the princess' father, "Eat, Pray, Love" actress Julia Roberts will portray the Evil Queen, and "Reaper" hunk Armie Hammer will tackle the prince role. The movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on March 16, 2012.
Beside the Lily Collins-starring movie, a similar project called "Snow White and the Huntsman" is also being developed by Universal Pictures. Kristen Stewart will take on the main role, while Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron are said to tackle the roles of the Huntsman and the Evil Queen respectively. It's set for June 1, 2012 U.S. release.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny