Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Duet on 'Blue Bloods' Season 2 Premiere
"Blue Bloods" has booked multiple Grammy Award winners Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to perform on the second season opener. Both of the singers will make cameo appearance as themselves and be musical guests at a fundraiser attended by Frank (Tom Selleck) and Erin (Bridget Moynahan) for the newly appointed mayor (David Ramsey).
Underwood and Bennett will meet the father and daughter before singing a duet of "It Had to Be You" in the episode set to air on Friday, September 23 at 10/9c on CBS. The country music beauty and the jazz singer have collaborated on the song for Bennett's upcoming album, "Duets II", which is due September 20.
"Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift," says executive producer Leonard Goldberg in a statement. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that [they] can be a part of it."
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen