Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Duet on 'Blue Bloods' Season 2 Premiere
"Blue Bloods" has booked multiple Grammy Award winners Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to perform on the second season opener. Both of the singers will make cameo appearance as themselves and be musical guests at a fundraiser attended by Frank (Tom Selleck) and Erin (Bridget Moynahan) for the newly appointed mayor (David Ramsey).
Underwood and Bennett will meet the father and daughter before singing a duet of "It Had to Be You" in the episode set to air on Friday, September 23 at 10/9c on CBS. The country music beauty and the jazz singer have collaborated on the song for Bennett's upcoming album, "Duets II", which is due September 20.
"Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift," says executive producer Leonard Goldberg in a statement. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that [they] can be a part of it."
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing