Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Duet on 'Blue Bloods' Season 2 Premiere
"Blue Bloods" has booked multiple Grammy Award winners Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to perform on the second season opener. Both of the singers will make cameo appearance as themselves and be musical guests at a fundraiser attended by Frank (Tom Selleck) and Erin (Bridget Moynahan) for the newly appointed mayor (David Ramsey).
Underwood and Bennett will meet the father and daughter before singing a duet of "It Had to Be You" in the episode set to air on Friday, September 23 at 10/9c on CBS. The country music beauty and the jazz singer have collaborated on the song for Bennett's upcoming album, "Duets II", which is due September 20.
"Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift," says executive producer Leonard Goldberg in a statement. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that [they] can be a part of it."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama