Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Duet on 'Blue Bloods' Season 2 Premiere
"Blue Bloods" has booked multiple Grammy Award winners Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to perform on the second season opener. Both of the singers will make cameo appearance as themselves and be musical guests at a fundraiser attended by Frank (Tom Selleck) and Erin (Bridget Moynahan) for the newly appointed mayor (David Ramsey).
Underwood and Bennett will meet the father and daughter before singing a duet of "It Had to Be You" in the episode set to air on Friday, September 23 at 10/9c on CBS. The country music beauty and the jazz singer have collaborated on the song for Bennett's upcoming album, "Duets II", which is due September 20.
"Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift," says executive producer Leonard Goldberg in a statement. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that [they] can be a part of it."
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs