Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to Duet on 'Blue Bloods' Season 2 Premiere
"Blue Bloods" has booked multiple Grammy Award winners Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett to perform on the second season opener. Both of the singers will make cameo appearance as themselves and be musical guests at a fundraiser attended by Frank (Tom Selleck) and Erin (Bridget Moynahan) for the newly appointed mayor (David Ramsey).
Underwood and Bennett will meet the father and daughter before singing a duet of "It Had to Be You" in the episode set to air on Friday, September 23 at 10/9c on CBS. The country music beauty and the jazz singer have collaborated on the song for Bennett's upcoming album, "Duets II", which is due September 20.
"Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift," says executive producer Leonard Goldberg in a statement. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that [they] can be a part of it."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!